How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2003, 11:44 AM

Default No Ethernet Connection?

Hi guys n gals,

Jus thought i'd post this to save anyone who has the same problem in the future!

I was left with no Ethernet connection after I experimented with my C24 on a network.

The led display on the C24 was stuck with "OFFLINE" and when I went to engage it in the peripherals menu, it was not in the list to select.

There was also no led activity beside the ethernet cable at all expect when I powered the desk off.

I was presuming it was a simple fault with my ethernet config. but after trying everything including formatting my system drive and re-installing all my software, I realised the problem was a lot more serious than I had first thought.

After being in contact with Digidesign tech support we eventually came to the conclusion that it was going to have to be shipped for repair.

The original box it came in was long gone and the prospect of having to package the board and get it off was not appealing at all, so in desperation, I tried one final thing.

My desk is out of warranty and so I thought if i'm going to have to pay to have it repaired, I might as well make sure it is not something simple.

The Ethernet card is on the back panel so I thought I could at least look at it to make sure it wasn't just a dry joint.

I removed the back panel and got access to the card where I noticed a dollop of glue on the multi-pin connector leading onto the Ethernet board had come lose.

And so I have concluded that the movement caused by inserting and removing the ethernet cable, resulted in the multi-pin coming disengaged from the board and the ethernet connection being lost!

I'm not sure if anyone else has come accross this problem, but if you have or do, you will know the value of this information.

One warning though...don't do this if your desk is still in warranty as you will obviously make it null and void!!

Ther ya go now