Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2017, 03:43 PM

Default missing files [solved]

never had this happen before- I got all my stuff figured out and haven't communicated with the forum since June, amateur but averaged about 2 to 2.5 tracks a day since mid June. No problems- none. I have a new windows dell laptop that cruises, my info is in my profile. Anyway we have this error on a file worked yesterday, I have like 15 tracks with playlists, etc and now every time I try to get in it with whatever file I try, it locks up and I normally have to restart to get back. However, this time can't get back in the file, which is unacceptable. I have backups that are earlier by a few hours then the last, still wont open. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-01-15.jpg (60.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-15-2017, 04:09 PM

Default Re: missing files

wonders never, cease, i changed the save as by removing 'copy of' and then it opened. I will lay down some vocals and see if I am good. I will say, pretty amazing software and I really like the free training on youtube. Protools is great for a busy old professional that want's a way to do quality, stable recording processing and then have the ability to get others involved later on.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:04 PM

Now, it happened again, I laid down the tracks and saved to my g drive. Now can't open it. really frustrating. same error.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:11 PM

I have a new screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-01-15 (3).jpg (44.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-16-2017, 09:45 AM

Are you sure all the files are on your G: drive? Go into Disk Allocation and/or set the Clip Bin to give you the complete file paths.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 01-16-2017, 04:33 PM

Default Reprieve!

ok, sweetwater bailed me out. They have me set up a new session and import tracks. I actually did this twice and the last time I think I got it. I saved the session that I re-setup(sp?) on another drive. everything seemed to work. It is a testimony to a well set up machine and a rock solid set of software. I have rolled along- learning as I go and never had a hitch one. This problem was all because somehow my connection got juggled during a recording session. this caused a track to get damaged. will try to not do that again! This protools stuff really works for newbies and people that have used it 60 hours a week for 15 years! Thanks everyone.