Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Pro Tools Sessions won\'t open

I'm dual boot and I went to my Pro Tools 5.2.1 rig in OS 9. I tried to open my old Pro Tools files and not a single one would open. (I can start a new session in Pro Tools and everything works, but every single session I've done won't open.) I had them on the same drive with some aiff Loops that I use a lot in DP 4. All of which are fine. The data is there. When I go to click on each session, the document is a blank generic white doc icon instead of the usual yellow and blue Pro Tools session icon. It also had turned to a Unix executable file instead of Pro Tools Doc. After I click it, I get this error message:

"Could not complete the "Open Session..." command because: an assertion occurred in Sys,FileType.cpp".line 81"

Anyone have a clue on what this is about? I tried to reassign Pro Tools as it's opening application to no avail. I'm fearful that I might have optimized the drive with Tech Tool or Disk Warrior in OS X and now nothing works.

I appreciate your help guys. If anyone can help steer me in the right direction, that'd be great.

Also anyone who could steer me in the right direction on upgrading to Pro Tools 6 in OS X using a digi 001, would be my hero.

G4, 1.47Ghz Mercury Extreme, 1.5G RAM, Dual boot 9.2 and 10.3.5, Pro Tools 5.2.1 LE, Digi 001, Motu 828mk II, Motu MTP AV, DP 4.12, Mach 5 1.08,
Old 09-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Sessions won\'t open

Hi,

How is your drive formatted? It needs to be HFS+. Try creating a new session and using import session data to bring the files into a new empty session. When you installed your firewire drive did you use the software that came with it to format it? This can also cause problems. What happens if you boot into OS 9, copy a session to your internal drive, unmount the firewire drive, boot into OS X, and then try to open the session? Let us know what you find.

Thanks,

Digidesign Tech Support
Old 09-24-2004, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the help. I was going to try what you suggested, but then tried changing the session extension to".pts" and the session started to open. My new problem is the all my audio files are generic documents now. I tried to add the aif extension on manually. Pro Tools searches for the audio file, I locate it and try to open it. No matter what I do it just says file is of an unrecognized type.

(My hard drive is HFS+, and it is "plug and play", no additional software. I did format in OS X. Neither OS 9 or OS X recognizes the audio files)

Any ideas on how to get the audio files recognized?

Thanks,
Catfish
Old 09-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Avid

Hi,

There is a shaware application called creator changer that would allow you to change the creator type of a file using drag and drop. If you do a Google search you will find plenty of places to download it. Basically you select the file you want to change hit a button that says "Make Like" and then select a working example of the file type you want to change to. When you get the utility you will see how easy it is. It sounds like something funny is going on with your drive. I would see if you can fix things with creator changer then back this drive up and reformat it. Let us know what happens.

Thanks,

Digidesign Tech Support
Old 09-26-2004, 07:52 AM

Hi again,

I downloaded Creator Changer and changed all my Audio files to Aiff using a working Audio file from a new Pro Tools session. Pro Tools will still not recognize it. Weird eh? Once again I'm in OS 9 using 5.2.1. Is it possible that an upgrade to PT 6 in OS X would fix the issue? Is that possible using the digi 001?? I'm also on 10.3.5, so I know that may be a problem as well.

Are there any other possible solutions for my OS 9 setup?

Thanks,
Catfish
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM

Tried again and this time I was able to get the audio files to load in! They are all in there, but it won't play or do anything. I get the DAE error 9060. I was so psyched that everything opened...I'm getting close here...Any tips on the error 9060?

Thanks
Kip
Old 09-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Avid

Hi,

Are the sessions still on your external drive? When you formatted it did you check the box for Options, Install Mac OS 9 Disk Drivers? If you save session copy in to you r internal drive with items to copy all audio files selected, quit Pro Tools, unmount the firewire drive, and open the session from the internal drive does the session play? There is also a bunch of information in answerbase about the -9060. You can find it here:

http://answerbase.digidesign.com/

Thanks,

Digidesign Tech Support