Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2017, 01:01 PM

Default Link track selection from edit window to mix window?

I've recently added a 40" display mounted on the wall above my main monitor. I like to keep my edit window in the desk monitor and my mix window above me on the wall.

I was wondering if there was anyway to link my track selection in the edit window to the mix window, so that when I click on a track to edit, that track will center itself (or something) in the mix window. Obviously it highlights it, but thats not super useful.

I'm working on a fairly large session for a film score, about 90 tracks, and scrolling left and right is getting cumbersome (but still much better than doing it on a smaller monitor). It would be nice to have my mix window move so that when I'm editing a track, that fader will be highlighted and centered directly above me.

Seems like this would be a fairly obvious feature to turn on/off depending on your work flow. But I haven't seen anything like it so I'm guessing it doesn't exist.

Has anyone with a similar work flow figured out a workaround?
32 GB Ram
Syphony i/o 8x8