Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2021, 10:04 PM

Default PTF Project download problem!!

Hi
I'm a newbie here
and apologies for the PTF post on a PT forum :)

I am going a bit crazy though.

I'm pretty new to PTF but was going pretty well and nearly finished my first complete song but then on launching again the other day, my projects had disappeared!!
Then they came back but with the notification of 0% transferred. Previously there were also messages of, failure to upload and failure downloading but were always able to save and reopen.

I believe this is some sort of Cloud issue. I have searched around and in my local cache but no luck.

Any help would be awesome

/Users/saschaklave/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 2.49.40 PM.png
/Users/saschaklave/Desktop/Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 4.02.07 PM.png

Last edited by sasch; 03-14-2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 03-15-2021, 07:02 AM

Default Re: PTF Project download problem!!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'll start by saying that it is very important to keep your PTF Task Manager window open when closing your session and making sure that all of your tracks and your project have successfully uploaded to the cloud before closing PTF.

You will find task manager in the top Window menu. When you are finished with a project, save it, then open the task manager window and then close your project. You should see activity in the task manager window showing the tracks and project sync status. Wait until everything has finished before exiting PTF.

Just to rule out any issues with your system, I would create a new cloud based project in PTF. Add a few tracks; audio and instrument, and record something short. Then follow the steps above and ensure that everything syncs properly. Exit PTF, then restart it and see if you can access the new project and that all of your content is there.

System Details
Old 03-15-2021, 10:19 PM

Hey thanks junkgear

Yes have checked task manager and nothing seems to be uploading through there, it just sits at 0% transferred.

Ive also not been able to find anything saved in my local cache.

Things aren't looking good I guess
Old 03-15-2021, 10:25 PM

Also, the project does save initially but then later the cloud symbol shows up which I press to download, but nothing gets 'transferred' and so unopen-able
Old 03-16-2021, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasch View Post
Hey thanks junkgear

Yes have checked task manager and nothing seems to be uploading through there, it just sits at 0% transferred.

Ive also not been able to find anything saved in my local cache.

Things aren't looking good I guess
If the task manager shows that nothing is uploading, then there will be nothing to download later on since your files never made it to the cloud. You will have to find out why nothing is uploading. Possible causes are virus software or firewall rules that are blocking the connection to Avid servers.

System Details
Old 03-16-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'll start by saying that it is very important to keep your PTF Task Manager window open when closing your session and making sure that all of your tracks and your project have successfully uploaded to the cloud before closing PTF.

You will find task manager in the top Window menu. When you are finished with a project, save it, then open the task manager window and then close your project. You should see activity in the task manager window showing the tracks and project sync status. Wait until everything has finished before exiting PTF.
Will Pro Tools allow you to close a cloud based project during uploading, thereby causing data loss? If so, this should never happen and would be very poor implementation. The user should not be expected to have to manually monitor the uploading status in a separate window. Any program I've used that saves to the cloud will warn the user upon closing if there are still uploads in progress and at the very least ask to confirm.
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
Old 03-16-2021, 01:54 PM

sasch, please tell me what version of Pro Tools First you are using and on what kind of Os. Maybe we will find the problem

Best

MacBook Pro 13, Mid 2012, 16 GB, 250 GB Crucial MX
macOs Sonoma 14.4.1 / Windows 11
Wavelab 11.2 Elements

Music was my first love - shine on
Old 03-17-2021, 03:39 AM

hiya Netmania

everything rather old unfortunately :)
PTF 12.3.1
OS X El capitan 10.11.6

thank you
Old 03-17-2021, 03:43 AM

sounds like a good way to go Colliderman!
Old 03-17-2021, 04:01 AM

the first thing to do is to install Pro Tools First 2018.7. This is the last supported PTF Version for El Cap. It is a really big step in functionallity and stability for your system. On my imac 9,1 from 2009 with El Cap i installed Pro Tools First 2019.6 that worked flawless. The Benefit of the 2019 and newer versions is that you dont need to store in the cloud anymore. You can save your projects on your mac.

Maybe give, at least 2018.7 a try?
Best

MacBook Pro 13, Mid 2012, 16 GB, 250 GB Crucial MX
macOs Sonoma 14.4.1 / Windows 11
Wavelab 11.2 Elements

Music was my first love - shine on