Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 AM

Default Re: PT 9.0.2 "loud pop and No Sound" problem related to plugins and 002R

I have had the exact same situation again today but now when using IK Multimedia's Tracks 3 while mastering a cd in ... wait for it ... Waveburner

So I'm beginning to think it is the drivers for the 002R of which I have the latest version installed of course.

Just One question Futz. Do you also have an Eleven Rack connected via SPDIF? Just to see if maybe there are any other possible causes.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 PM

Default Re: PT 9.0.2 "loud pop and No Sound" problem related to plugins and 002R

No, Mr. Bortraws, I actually do not have an Eleven Rack, so I think the S/PDIF port is not at fault here.

Are you as disappointed as I am about not hearing from DTS on this issue?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by futz View Post
No, Mr. Bortraws, I actually do not have an Eleven Rack, so I think the S/PDIF port is not at fault here.

Are you as disappointed as I am about not hearing from DTS on this issue?
Can you zip up the AvidLogFiles folder located at MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Logs and email it to me at: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com?

Also include a system profile - Apple menu>About This Mac>More Info then File>Save As. Zip that up as well and include it in your email.

Please include the thread link in the subject or body of your email.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:37 PM

Done. Thanks very much for your interest in helping us. Greatly appreciated...
Old 02-18-2012, 11:17 AM

Sorry for the bump. Was this resolved and how? I'm getting it more and more often and its driving me crazy to the point I finally registered here after lurking for...I dont even know how many years.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:00 PM

Have you any way of borrowing another 002 or 003 for testing? Is it possible that this could be the result of something in the 002? When was the last time the power harness was re-seated or replaced? This is a total shot in the dark, but anytime a 002 is involved, its worth considering

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-18-2012, 11:01 PM

actually i'm not using an 002. I am experiencing the exact pop and no audio issue though. It got stable for a few months and then I made the mistake of updating to 9.0.6 and its returned with a vengeance
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM

Is there any solution that can be posted here? Same problem but with PT 10.

I'm on 002R having to restart sessions every 5 minutes or so. The dreaded "POP" and no sound, sans error message. I've tried all the steps from the original poster to no avail. Updated everything. PT 10.3.3, 002R driver, plug-in versions, trash prefs, disk permissions, buffer sizes, delay comp off, cpu limit, etc, and of course all basic PT optimization stuff. This seems to be mostly an 002R/PT 10 problem. Never had this problem with PT 8LE, so I know my 002R is fine. I mean, I am ALL Digi over here. If it's a "number of plug-in instances" problem that's very disappointing, since I was running way more instances with 8LE without issue.

When I change Playback Engine settings after the pop has happened I get these horrible multiple-pops... like someone is squeezing sheets of bubble wrap. Also I've never been able to run a session with Delay Comp enabled without crashing. So I can't make use of one the main reasons I upgraded to PT10. Fun.

MacPro 8-core 3.0MHz, 16GB, OS 10.8.3
Most used plugs: Xpand!2, Boom, BFD2, Waves Ren, SansAmp, Massey, Kontakt, AIR's
Old 08-17-2015, 03:21 AM

Thread Resurrection.

I've had this problem since 2008 running PT 8/9/10 all the way through to my current setup running PTHD12 on a 2011 MBP.

It's to do with plugins...

It would happen with PSP Xenon quite often..

Now it' happening ALL THE TIME and it looks like a combination of IK Black 76 and Slate VMR / VTM...

I'm leaning more towards it being VMR.

VMR is all over a current session and its driving me up the wall !!!!!!!!

Anyone find a solution apart from ditching the problem plugins ?

PS: I'm running optical out of the MBP to a D/A so it's the laptop's internal sound.

Last edited by alex s; 08-17-2015 at 03:38 AM.