Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM

Default First 2 problems with HD Native?

Edit: See my latest post at the bottom. I am still having bugs, which I will update here when fixed, but Avid did respond to me at 10:30pm tonight. This is excellent and all I wanted - just a human to be able to email/call/update. Thanks Avid.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Default Re: First 2 problems with HD Native?

That's not an HD | Native bug, it's part of the ongoing crappiness of the CoreAudio drivers. I would recommend against installing and using CoreAudio on HD systems (same goes for 002/003 series), they're just plain awful drivers.
Try and find a way to patch your Mac Pro's 1/8" analog out into your monitoring chain and you'll be a lot happier.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:09 AM

Bumpity bump.

This is a pretty serious bug in Core Audio - hoping to hear from Avid on this one.

Same thing for the MC77 problem. Plus, it's confirmed by other users across multiple forums with no response.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcok View Post
Bumpity bump.

This is a pretty serious bug in Core Audio - hoping to hear from Avid on this one.

Same thing for the MC77 problem. Plus, it's confirmed by other users across multiple forums with no response.
Wow.. I knew there was an MC77 problem with release. I thought I was going crazy. When will they fix that??!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Huzzah! More people coming out of the woodwork!

Yeah that MC77 problem is a huge PITA this week. Doing a ton of rap stuff with many vocal tracks (mostly with MC77). Having to open all your MC77's and click the release knob suxor.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 AM

Does anyone know if you get your first support call free with the new purchase of HD gear?

These problems are impacting my workflow enough where I'm ready to purchase a phone call, but not if I have one free somewhere (you'd think for the price of admission you'd get one?).
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 AM

Well, regardless, I bit the bullet and paid for a call.

They've opened up a support case for me (for both things - the CoreAudio and the MC77). I'll post back when I find something...
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Well, regardless, I bit the bullet and paid for a call.

They've opened up a support case for me (for both things - the CoreAudio and the MC77). I'll post back when I find something...
Thanks Smithcok for 'taking one for team' about the MC77 problem. I hope we can all benefit from that answer.. Though I think here on the forum there's a BUG problem thread -- that we don't need to pay for. Asking about a 'known bug' doesn't often get you an immediate answer for the $ you pay. I will only pay for a call if something in my system is wrong -- not if something with a plugin is wrong. It's a tricky day working with AVID now. They're effectively forcing us to hit our 'manuals' before we call them and read HUNDREDS of posts here before we call. It's frustrating - but I think I can understand it from their point of view with all the user error calls they probably have gotten over 20 years. It's kind of like the 'deductible' for ER visits that keep going up and up on our health insurance policies. They want us to be REAAAAALY desperate before we go to the ER. Same at AVID - they want us to be TOTALLY DESPERATE and LOSING $ per HOUR before we PAY them to help us.. -- It IS what it IS.... -and to be fair -- most technology companies have 'paid tech support' these days. I just don't understand why there's not a CUSTOMER SERVICE phone# or email to even SORT OUT whether or not we NEED an ASC with the question we have. You simply CAN'T CONTACT AVID at all except for a SALES call.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know if you get your first support call free with the new purchase of HD gear?
I got a "complimentary Avid Support Code" free with registration. Check the emails Avid sent you when you registered your gear.

Details:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/asc/digidesign

BTW I hated dealing with DCAM so much I bought an optical connector to go from the Mac to my mixer and I've been so much happier using the Mac internal audio to play iTunes without ever booting DCAM.

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto
Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Yeah, I could be a complete dummy, but I searched through my registration/activation confirmation emails and didn't see anything about a freebie support code.

While I would prefer to get this one for free (seeing as they are clearly bugs and not my system's fault), I'm willing to take the $80 hit if it gets the ball rolling on solving these things...

The Core Audio thing is bad enough, but having to open and click on all my MC77's release knobs is a huge pain in the butt... especially since I'm doing final tweaks from a client on an album now (tons of vocal tracks, with MC77's, lots of project files)... Constantly closing and opening projects... and I have to spend the time to click on all those darn knobs. >:O