Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
Trust me, Logic ain't so solid. Go over to the Apple forum and check the Logic section. They're worse than we are. And ain't NO techs chiming in over there!
They have techs? I thought Apple only hired elves or something...
Old 12-30-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
Trust me, Logic ain't so solid. Go over to the Apple forum and check the Logic section. They're worse than we are. And ain't NO techs chiming in over there!
Agreed but the last thing I wanna do is by a Mac Pro for $3000 because of these damn 6031's. Then I have to switch my cards over to PCIe for another $4000. All of a sudden Logic starts to look like an option.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Avid

The posts were deleted because they belonged in previous threads regarding 6031's.

By creating new threads, it muddies up searches, especially when engineering is trying to look into all the cases of 6031's being reported. There's already over a dozen threads started by the same 10 or so customers that are basically repeating the same thing over and over. You're more than welcome to post, but try to keep relevant posts in the same thread.

We are in no way deleting them because we don't want the issue brought to the front. I've already said in several of those threads that we have engineering resources on the issue and will report as soon as I have definitive info.

The main problem here, so far, is that we cannot confirm that any report of this problem lies with Pro Tools itself - every case, and I mean every single one, that we've been able to see directly by having the computer in-house, has been traced to incorrect configuration, unsupported configuration, malware, driver conflict with iffy software on the computer, outdated drivers, etc.

I'm in no way pointing fingers, merely stating facts. As I said - we're going to try to do something to accommodate more of these situations and see if we can identify specific software or configuration issues that can cause these errors.

I'm assuming everyone on this thread has already read through the other threads and done all the suggestions there, including the configuration steps in the General Troubleshooting thread?

And, for the record, I wasn't defending Logic, merely correcting some misinformation being posted in that thread.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
say anything negative about their software and the moderators will delete your post. isn't this a forum to inform other users that there is potential problems with 8 . maybe save them from going through all the time and trouble that a lot of users have had. not counting the down time and loss of revenue. sell them a car boat home that has problems and see how quick they would be to knock down the dealerships door wanting something done. avid digi put on our shoes and walk around for a while see how it feels . next time you have a problem with crappy service from someone remember what you have been dishing out to your own customers
I really have to reply to this - you want service? Please post or send me your Sandra report, configuration info as well as specific info about any troubleshooting you've tried. I've asked for your information several times already - is there a reason you haven't provided it?

Until you do that, I really don't think you have a right to complain about our service, or make claims that we delete posts because 'we don't like them'.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:28 PM

I sure hope getting this new mac pro will make for a stable system guys...

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 01-02-2010, 06:45 AM

since post got deleted i just want to state again..... DTS, if your saying everyone of these 6031 problems you solved were caused by computer config problems. where are these people???? where are these people that have fixed systems?
you would think some would post here telling how it was a computer problem.. i don't see it and it also looks like this is a generic automated answer you give....." its an irq or driver or swap your card order or put drivers from version 8.x into the new version8.xxxxx its your computers" these are all shot in the dark answers

again we are crippled here with no help our very expensive systems are now practically useless. i remember a time in the past when critical hd problems were taken very seriously now it seems they are not

we keep saying the same thing because we still have the same problem. its that simple
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
since post got deleted i just want to state again..... DTS, if your saying everyone of these 6031 problems you solved were caused by computer config problems. where are these people???? where are these people that have fixed systems?
you would think some would post here telling how it was a computer problem.. i don't see it and it also looks like this is a generic automated answer you give....." its an irq or driver or swap your card order or put drivers from version 8.x into the new version8.xxxxx its your computers" these are all shot in the dark answers

again we are crippled here with no help our very expensive systems are now practically useless. i remember a time in the past when critical hd problems were taken very seriously now it seems they are not

we keep saying the same thing because we still have the same problem. its that simple
I understand your frustration, but instead of all the complaining why don't one of you send your system into Digi to look at? Maybe it will help them discover the root cause of the issues. I seem to remember they offered to pay for shipping and everything a while back.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrick19 View Post
I understand your frustration, but instead of all the complaining why don't one of you send your system into Digi to look at? Maybe it will help them discover the root cause of the issues. I seem to remember they offered to pay for shipping and everything a while back.
Ok I'll chime in here. I'm mixing really large TV hour long surround shows with 100 tracks playback and 24 tracks in record. I've never even seen a 6031 error . So, we all know their is a computer that runs Pro Tools Hd on windows very well.
Best,
Brandon
Old 01-02-2010, 06:17 PM

Hi Brandon,

Although I may get flamed by the others but so be it. I am with you here. I am also running a very stable system, with version 8.03 and haven't seen one 6031 error through the whole process from 7.4 to 8.03. So I too have a system that works.

I truly hope the others find a solution or at the very least find the culprit causing the 6031 etc whether it be hardware, old drivers or whatever the case may be.

All the best,

Big D
3 x WD500gig SATA, 1 x WD1T32mb SATA cache Green
NVIDIA Geforce 7300le,
Command 8,HD2,192,Massive Pack 4
Windows 7 64 bit PTHD 9
Old 01-02-2010, 08:24 PM

big d and brandon i'm sincerly happy you are running fine,thats great. are you guys running chassis?

yarrick do you own an hd system if so did you pay for it with your own money? just curious

if your system was crippled by constant 6031 i really feel people that are saying" why all the complaining" would change their
tune real fast and start demanding some support

again we have this showstopping problem that we didn't have before and are being told its our computers
nothing has been done to this point