Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Default Dear AVID employee

This message is to anyone at Avid who can answer this. I have heard from someone at NAMM that Avid has not been working on anything with the eleven rack since the first exrp. I have also heard that there are other amp models that are 80%-95% and did not make it per Chris' approval. My question is why have you strung us along, esp Max/Chris, this whole time, lying to us. I mean why not either release these amps/fx and the user IR loader(which Chris said was almost done at time of exrp release) in an update which we would all be happy to pay for or just tell us the truth about the future of this product. We all know this is not a 2,000.00$ + product and are not expecting updates in the same manor as such products but less expensive products get more frequent updates then the eleven rack. You release an IR loader and you would gain so many customers, I just don't understand. Same with the Standalone editor. Please tell us SOMETHING. Thank you
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Dear AVID employee

I agree ...
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 AM

The more people who comment on this post will up the chances an avid representative looks at this thread.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:58 AM

To the people who run Avid-

Sell off the 11r to another company that cares about their customers. Your arrogance sucks!
Seagate 500GB GoFlex Pro 7200rpm Firewire 800 Ultra Portable Drive
Audient iD22 and Focusrite Pro 40 Interfaces
Focusrite Red 3 compressor
Lexicon 300
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Waves Gold Bundle • CLA Classic Compressors • Slate FG-X, VBC, VCC, VTM
Slate Trigger EX • Superior Drummer 2.0
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc3084 View Post
My question is why have you strung us along, esp Max/Chris, this whole time, lying to us.
I did not get the impression that Chris was stringing us along or lying to us. Unfortunately, Chris is no longer with Avid. Things he may have said before leaving Avid should probably be evaluated in a different perspective given that fact.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM

Words fail me.
One of the guys on the preset site confronted the CEO of Avid at NAMM. It's well worth checking out.

As far as I'm concerned AVID are [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]e! To let such a great product fade away is just mental. If AVID every sort there [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] out in regards to the 11R I very much doubt if they will have anyone to sell it too.

I love the product but hate the companies view of it.

Shame on you Mr Avid you had you chance and your blew it..
Old 01-27-2013, 11:11 AM

We've seen so many messages on here from Avid personell insisting that "We're not forgotten" and 11r is not a dead product and that they do intend to continue developing it further....there was a lengthy discussion with Max Gutnik on the subject of openness, what we need and expect from 11r in order to make it a complete product; including bugfixes and very minor tweaks that would take 11r to the next level where it can more properly compete with the big boys.

Avid, if you're washing your hands of 11r, please (for everyone's sake) let Chris and Full Code Audio take the reigns for 11r's software/firmware development. It would be no loss to Avid (since they aren't budging on the subject) and it could be a great kickstart for Full Code as a new, developing autonomous business.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derker View Post
We've seen so many messages on here from Avid personell insisting that "We're not forgotten" and 11r is not a dead product and that they do intend to continue developing it further....there was a lengthy discussion with Max Gutnik on the subject of openness, what we need and expect from 11r in order to make it a complete product; including bugfixes and very minor tweaks that would take 11r to the next level where it can more properly compete with the big boys.

Avid, if you're washing your hands of 11r, please (for everyone's sake) let Chris and Full Code Audio take the reigns for 11r's software/firmware development. It would be no loss to Avid (since they aren't budging on the subject) and it could be a great kickstart for Full Code as a new, developing autonomous business.
Seriously. If this is the case why not do just that. In a world of outsourcing and contract employees this makes perfect sense.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Seriously. If this is the case why not do just that. In a world of outsourcing and contract employees this makes perfect sense.
Perfect sense and Avid, LOL! This kind of sums it up! It was found in the recent thread Avid NAMM rumors over at Gearslutz.

AVID is Avid's problem.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
I did not get the impression that Chris was stringing us along or lying to us. Unfortunately, Chris is no longer with Avid. Things he may have said before leaving Avid should probably be evaluated in a different perspective given that fact.
I agree, I wouldn't necessarily blame Chris, but you sure could blame folks like Bobby Lombardi, Max, and The Chimp for continually blowing smoke up our as_ with regard to the further development of the 11R!