Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2000, 04:32 PM

Default Smpte/Midi Sync Interface?

What's everyone out there using to make Pro Tools Generate Midi Time Code so you can sync an external sequencer to Timecode or make Pro Tools chase to a video deck? I've currently been using MOTU midi interfaces, but now I want to upgrade to Win2k Pro, but can't because MOTU won't make drivers for Win2k, is there other options? Motu reminds me of another company that dragged it's feet on Windows support, I believe that company went by the name of Opcode and we all seen what happened to them. MOTU hasn't made any updated drivers for their midi interfaces on the PC side since 1998 and are bragging about it. Maybe a little help from everyone in this forum Emailing them, will get them off their asses and support PC users. If that doesn't work I need some suggestions to something that does support Win2k.

Contact them at:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 10-04-2000, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Smpte/Midi Sync Interface?

Try the Emagic AMT 8. Seriell, parallel,USB, PC Win 98, NT, 2000 and MAC. You can`t do anything wrong if you buy it.
Regards Wolfgang

------------------
Wolfgang Eller
SRS Mastering/Germany
WWW.SRS-Mastering.de
[email protected]
Old 10-08-2000, 05:22 AM

I got rid of all my MOTU hardware due to the lack of Win2000 or NT drivers....
They can't write a windows driver to save their butt.....
Bought a RME Hammerfal Audio card and a new Midi Man Sport 8x8/smpte USB with WIN2k drivers.
Had that one for only a few days.....So far it's Rock solid........
Win 2000 is great.....too bad P-Tools will probably never run on Win2000......SUCK!!!!!
I believe they are waiting for the next version of Windows that combines NT/2000 and 98/ME codenamed Whistler.....

Old 09-22-2001, 08:28 AM

Just to let you know...
MOTU has just released all the Win2000 drivers. www.motu.com
Old 09-24-2001, 09:32 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> I got rid of all my MOTU hardware due to the lack of Win2000 or NT drivers....
They can't write a windows driver to save their butt.....
Bought a RME Hammerfal Audio card and a new Midi Man Sport 8x8/smpte USB with WIN2k drivers.
Had that one for only a few days.....So far it's Rock solid........
Win 2000 is great.....too bad P-Tools will probably never run on Win2000......SUCK!!!!!
I believe they are waiting for the next version of Windows that combines NT/2000 and 98/ME codenamed Whistler..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm, what? Are you talking about PT LE? This forum is for PT TDM which does run on Win2k, so I can only guess that you are talking about PT LE.
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time