Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 07-05-2014, 10:31 AM

Default Midi input stopped working. Works fine outside of Pro Tools

I'm working on a session created in Pro Tools 10. I've recorded a mixture of Audio/Midi/Instrument tracks a few weeks ago in a session. I pull up the session, create a new instrument/midi track, and when I play on my keyboard it's as if nothing is happening. Nothing in my setup has changed, and outside of pro tools stand alone applications such as Addictive Drums or Kontakt 5 are able to accept midi just fine.

I've made sure that the "midi thru" is checked, and in my default midi thru device is "none" (When I change it to output through my audio interface midi, it sends the midi just fine but I still can't record at all). So obviously the cable and the midi are working, just not in this session. If I open up older sessions the midi works, so it's got to be a setting or something that somehow changed even though I haven't done anything. Thoughts?

Pro Tools 10
Windows 7 64-Bit
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
Yamaha KX88 Midi Keyboard

Thanks guys, any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching for hours and can't find any posts or anything that have been able to solve my problems.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Midi input stopped working. Works fine outside of Pro Tools

Hi and Welcome to the Community

You are sure you have checked the settings in midi device area where your midi keyboard needs to be checked in the box? and that you have the record enabled button on the track you are trying to get sound from!?

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-05-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi and Welcome to the Community

You are sure you have checked the settings in midi device area where your midi keyboard needs to be checked in the box? and that you have the record enabled button on the track you are trying to get sound from!?

Best Regards
Christopher
I assume when you say midi device area, you are talking about the "Midi Input Devices" section under setup? If so, then yes both of my midi input interfaces are checked there.

As far as having record "Enabled" on the tracks i'm trying to send, is this a new feature? I used to just be able to select the track I was working on so it would highlight itself, and then stream the sound without having to record enable it. Is that not possible anymore?
Old 07-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Midi input device was what I meant as you pointed out.

Regarding the rec enabling I don't know for sure but we always need to enable the track we are using so I assume you did that already.

I am going into the studio later on tonight and will look at your post again. Maybe someone else will know by then otherwise I will post back.

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————