Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 08-09-2021, 02:26 PM

Default Where are layouts stored?

According tho my manual for Artist Mix:
"Layouts are created and temporarily stored in EuControl as long as the current session or project is open. To be able to recall your layouts, be sure to save your session or project in your workstation application."

Are they stored in a separate file or as part of the session file? Since there are many DAW:s how is this possible?

Also, do I need to store the session before quitting EuControl to not lose layouts?
Old 08-09-2021, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Where are layouts stored?

They are stored with the Pro Tools session. (Or any other DAW that supports layouts)

You can export layouts though from Eucontrol (to import them into other sessions)

Yes, you need to store the layout in Eucontrol and save the session in order not to lose the layout. You need to do BOTH.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:41 AM
Avid

Layouts are stored in any EUCON DAW session, its part of the EUCON implementation the 3rd parties programmed when they added EUCON to their App (and shows the power of EUCON over other protocols). You can also import and export them to a local drive.
Old 12-21-2023, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Layouts are stored in any EUCON DAW session, its part of the EUCON implementation the 3rd parties programmed when they added EUCON to their App (and shows the power of EUCON over other protocols). You can also import and export them to a local drive.
Hi, any chance you could tell me what I'm messing up?

i've got an Artist Control+Omni setup - PT Ultimate 23.6

Ive assigned faders 1+2 to permanently be the tracks in Pro Tools that I want for the session, in the 'Assign' tab of EuControl

When I open & close the sessions, EuControl has forgotten this.

I must be doing something wrong. Cheers!

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 12-21-2023, 08:30 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
Hi, any chance you could tell me what I'm messing up?

i've got an Artist Control+Omni setup - PT Ultimate 23.6

Ive assigned faders 1+2 to permanently be the tracks in Pro Tools that I want for the session, in the 'Assign' tab of EuControl

When I open & close the sessions, EuControl has forgotten this.

I must be doing something wrong. Cheers!
Did you save that as a Layout?