Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 AM

Default tips for promo makers?

I have been asked to speak at Promax in Singapore to a bunch of producers - the segment I've been asked to do is obviously the Audio part... ( must be my lucky month -they pay for you to go over and put you up!!!)

thing is I'm not to sure where to start... I mean I've had interns and trained staff in the last 12 years - guess I'm not used to public speaking tho...

Do I tell them basic audio stuff? Like maybe try reading your script to picture so u find out before your session have a million words too many fit into 30's

or if you are supplying me with a digibeta with your elements on then it would be nice if the VO all stayed on one channel..

Or teach them technique? I guess that these days a lot more of these guys are doing a lot more Audio in final Cut or Avid -

weird how stuff gets buggered up by them tho..

think one point is that you might have a compressor in your Avid- but actually have little or no idea what it does or how to use it- and even if someone tells you - you may not have the aptitude to use it?

I might mention that audio needs a treated room to be accurate - where as picture doesn't really - tho my studio is great for editing video in.....

Any of you gents care to chip in with your pet hates or tips - or...

cheers

martin