Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-18-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Report you PT8 exp. here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
It would be nice thow if scrolling through the many parts in xpand2 was possible. It takes time to click everytime I want to change a sound.
You may already know this, but in the plug-in window, you can click on the "Settings Select" button. (It looks like two pieces of paper lying on top of each other.) This will bring up the "Plug-in Settings dialog," from which you can use the up, down, left, and right arrows of your computer keyboard to quickly navigate the patches. See page 27 of the DigiRack Plug-ins Guide.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 PM

Alright so I'm finally getting around to installing PT 8 but the loading screen is stuck at trying to update my firmware for my 003...

Someone posted this earlier but never said if they resolved the issue.

Would some uninstall/reinstalling help? If so please explain which version(s) to uninstall entirely and which ones to reinstall...

My eyes are going cross-eyed trying to figure how people took the steps to open this awesome update.
(3)192/SYNC IO/CS HEDD192/Studer A27/Neve 48 Ch. VR console
Old 12-18-2008, 03:33 PM

Ok weird... I get the a msg saying the update was unsuccessful. So I clicked cancel and PT opened up...??? Am I missing something here?
(3)192/SYNC IO/CS HEDD192/Studer A27/Neve 48 Ch. VR console
Old 12-18-2008, 03:58 PM

Hey.
When I launch Pro Tools LE 8.0, I get this classic compressor plug in authorization required window, I have to press quit, then it's followed by a box saying that "Pro Tools couldn't load the following plug ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the ilok account key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged: Purple Audio MC77.dpm"
Move these plug-ins to the "plug ins unused folder?

I only use the fairchild 670 which works fine, and the purple audio MC77 out of the classic compressor package, which is both in my ilok saying license expire: never.
I have deleted the preferences and databases, and did a clean innstall as well, still the same result.

Any idea?

My setup:
Pro Tools LE 8.0 with Music production toolkit 1.
Digi 002 rack
Macpro 2x2,66Ghz Dual core intel xeon.
RAM 7GB
two separate drives, for applicatons, and one for audio etc...
OSX 10.5.5

regards
Tony
Old 12-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Installed 8 on my MBP (see specs for it pasted below) to play around with. Seems to be behaving so far (even seems to be handling T-Racks 3, which murdered the G5; could only use it in stand alone on the tower) in sessions with low track counts and not a load of plugs. No real hiccups, and the D-Verb sounds really good now - was there a revision of it for 8? I usually just put one on real quick as a scratch to get an idea of how verb will sound on a part, and then use hardware — if I can — to get better sounds, but wow! Anyway, I will open more processor heavy stuff in a bit to do more thorough tests on this machine...

But — have this strange error when trying to save a session (this session was originally created in 7.4.2):

could not 14400 because (-50) while moving "hggpVFJBwhhdBQMW" to "WL TRACK FOR S_D.PTF"

Never seen this one before! Now, the "hggpVFJBwhhdBQMW" noted above seems to be a fade file type name (maybe?), but I don't have any fades in this session. Odd. any thoughts, digi or anybody else? It will not let me save at all...

BTW, it was a clean install, then trashed prefs and repaired permissions again after install.

OS X 10.5.5
Model Name: MacBook Pro 17"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
Memory: 3 GB
MBox 2 Pro
CPTK

Pro is connected to SIIG card, have FW800 external drive, no USB devices other than the ilok.

The specs in the signature are for my G5, and are not part of this experience — I'll wait out any initial bugs before plopping 8 on my primary rig.

Best

Nathan
PT 2019 and 10.14
UA Apollo Quad
Outboard:
2 x Summit Audio 2BA-221>TLA 50>EQF-100
2 x dbx 165a
x Shadow Hills GAMA
http://humpbackmedia.net[/SIZE]
Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 PM

ok, so it spent all day downloading....

when i got in, i -

did a clean uninstall of 7.4.2
rebooted
installed 8.0
went without issue
rebooted
repaired permissions
rebooted

opened up an old session, 20 tracks, EA, heavy plugins... ran it at 256 buffer no problem! i had been mixing it at 1024.
opened a new session, dropped HWB to 64
messed around with all the new instruments (LOVE LOVE LOVE VACUUM!)
plugged up the strat and jammed on eleven for a bit
not even a hiccup!

i love the dark new colors, it's just taking a little getting used to.

great job guys..... WORTH THE WAIT.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo6675 View Post
Ok weird... I get the a msg saying the update was unsuccessful. So I clicked cancel and PT opened up...??? Am I missing something here?
No, the firmware update probably failed, which means the unit still has older firmware. You should quit Pro Tools, try trashing prefs and doing all the optimizations in the General Troubleshooting thread, then restart and relaunch which, hopefully, will allow the firmware to complete successfully.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank1000 View Post
Since when are focusrite d2 and d3 tdm only?? They've been working fine on my LE machines for years. No I did not mix and match installations. This was a clean OS with no PT installed on it. Then I installed PT LE 8. Did Digi give out versions of LE that installed HD components?? I have no idea.
There is only one version and it works on TDM or RTAS (LE).
Old 12-18-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdugan View Post
You may already know this, but in the plug-in window, you can click on the "Settings Select" button. (It looks like two pieces of paper lying on top of each other.) This will bring up the "Plug-in Settings dialog," from which you can use the up, down, left, and right arrows of your computer keyboard to quickly navigate the patches. See page 27 of the DigiRack Plug-ins Guide.

What you are refering to is the PRESET MENU. That is not what i meant. Im looking for a way to scroll with the mouse scroller in the PART MENU. This was posible in previous Xpand!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:50 PM

My upgrade experience:

I uninstalled PTLE7.4.2 using the "clean" option in the uninstaller, then ran the downloaded PT8 installer. Install went fine. It recognized and authorized all my plug-ins, except moogerfooger--can't explain that--I didn't know I installed moogerfooger!

Anyway, I opened one of my most complex sessions, a 53-track surround mix, including 17 software instruments (9 of which were layered Structure instruments, others are Hybrid, Rapture, Strike and one instance of Amplitube2), three instances of Waves L3-LL, seven Mix 5.1 surround panners, and 10 other RTAS plugins. Plus plenty of automation and track envelopes.

Well, good news, it performs flawlessly in PT8.

In my previous installation of PTLE7.4.2, this session would often choke on the first bar, and would occasionally give me buffering errors, and stop during recording. I understand this could have been from incorrect settings or hardware configuration, but nevertheless, PT8 fixed my problem.

I'm using OS 10.5.6 on a Mac Pro, 8-core, 16GB RAM, and internal 7200 RPM SATA drives, 003 rack