Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 07-16-2021, 01:04 AM

Default S1: two independent tablets possible?

Hi,

so I have a FireHD10 on a single S1 setup plus an iPad Mini that I usually use for the large Softkey view.

Personally I'm not interested in the permanent meters view on the S1-tablet but what I am looking for is having the tablet on the S1 show then channel view (or switch to it) as soon as I engage EQ, DYN or AUX. More or less having the tablet on the S1 on fixes channel view and my iPad mini which live as close as possible to my keyboard on constant softkey page.

Is this possible? I recently retired an Artist Mix+Control+iPad setup and now trying to find a way to get at least the same if not better setup without the bulky Dock which makes it almost impossible to place the computer monitors in an ergonomic position without blocking the view to video screen and/or speakers.

Thanks!

Frank.

P.S.: Yes I know it probably is possible with the Dock but the Dock I find way to big for an editorial setup as I also need room for my trusty Digidesign joystick.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:48 AM

Default Re: S1: two independent tablets possible?

OK so I've discovered when I put the unliked iPad in portrait mode I can have the softkeys and channel view in a split screen display more or less like the Dock without the Dock. But still hope to find a way to auto-display the channel view on the linked S1-tablet so I see the details in front of me and not on the iPad that is where my keyboard is....