Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:56 AM

Default Re: WHEN IS LEOPARD SUPPORT COMING?!?!

Quote:
Hi folks,

I can certainly understand the frustration you feel regarding our delays to releasing Leopard support. We at Digi share this frustration as well. Nothing would make us happier than to have Pro Tools qualified quickly.

Straight up, the Leopard release has been challenging for us. Pro Tools is a complicated application that makes many real-time streaming demands on the operating system, all expressly to provide quality sound with no dropped samples. The OS on the other hand is trying to manage the interaction of multiple processors, and also trying to manage timing and heat management issues.

We are working hard, in concert with Apple, to address some of the final issues that we are seeing, so that we can get a solid release out to our customers. I know it's difficult for customers who want this now, but Digi's ultimate goal is to provide you with a release that meets your high level of expectation.

Thank you for your patience.

Bob Langlie
VP of Customer Support and Services
Digidesign

You see DIGI , it's not that hard to please your customers, just a few line in here to show that you do care......
In the mean time.......free t-shirt for all the customer will leopard is been fix....hehehehe
Old 02-25-2008, 12:20 PM

you newcomers are too much...
Old 02-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
What would you rather have them do, chime in here every four or five posts to say "we're still working on it" or devote most of their resources to actually working on it?
Well what do you think? Naturally I would like to see them devoting all of their time to commenting our posts here.

It isn't a question of either/or, and you know that.

DigiCS: Nice to hear a word, even if a short one, on why this is happening. Thanks for the work already done, carry on.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
It isn't a question of either/or, and you know that.
Sure I do, but their last post was Friday...or one business day ago...
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I hope you are not talking to me.....i'm new in here, but i use protool about 10 years ago...i don't have time to post in here,
i got gig to do......
Old 02-25-2008, 09:58 PM

I see very frustrated PT LE users everywhere, not only in here. digi says they understand our frustration, but I think they are being political. someone who cares for their customers' satisfaction would not disappear for weeks without a word while our frustration is spoken out loud all over Digi's official support forums.

I love PT and all Digi products and I am a long time user. but Digi, think about the new users who happened to make the switch to PT in the last 4 months. do you really expect their respect and understanding?

I am glad that LE support for Leo is coming soon.
Protools 9.0.2. 003R. Ableton Live Suite 8.2.1. Reaper 3.74
CA Alchemy. M-Audio Axiom 61
Old 02-25-2008, 10:39 PM

I wouldn't necessarily expect LE support 'soon' simply because the HD update has been released.

Since PT LE is a native app, relying on the Mac for everything, I can imagine it taking significantly more work to make it compatible with Leopard, compared to HD, which relies on Digi hardware for the audio processing. I'm just speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took a good deal longer for LE to be ready. And since HD is a much more costly system, it's not surprising that Digi would devote their resources there first.

Just my $0.02 worth. PTLE is my secondary DAW, so Leopard compatibility isn't urgent for me. But I understand the frustration.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:

I love PT and all Digi products and I am a long time user. but Digi, think about the new users who happened to make the switch to PT in the last 4 months. do you really expect their respect and understanding?

No, I expect them to read. This isn't a secret that Digi hid from people. They told you what works and what doesn't. You, (not you personally) decided to make the jump, KNOWING that your system was not yet qualified or just didn't take the time to read the specs and requirements.

Sorry for the "tude" but I swear, doesn't anyone read the instructions, or reviews for products anymore? If I drop 3 grand on a mac and protools, you are going to be sure that I have dotted my eyes and crossed my t's. Do my due diligence. Go to the forums, see what others are saying about the products and what problems they are having, etc...research.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I hope you are not talking to me.....i'm new in here, but i use protool about 10 years ago...i don't have time to post in here,
i got gig to do......
So does that mean because I post more I'm not working in the "industry" like you? My apologies. I had no idea that the less you post, the more successful you are.

Oh and "newcomers" is a state of mind. Just because you used protools 10 years ago does not make your post any less condescending...but, I'm sure this post is all in vain because I don't expect you to comment back, with all that gigin. You are way too busy. (Yes I'm being condescending)
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:

No, I expect them to read. This isn't a secret that Digi hid from people. They told you what works and what doesn't. You, (not you personally) decided to make the jump, KNOWING that your system was not yet qualified or just didn't take the time to read the specs and requirements.

I agree with you that ppl who jumped to Leo must take responsibility for what they did. and I also think that people are not surprised that LE is not working under 10.5, they are getting tired of waiting so long. I expect pros to stick to their Tiger rigs, but not everyone is a pro either. some ppl are update junkies and no one can not blame them for what they are.

I believe that Digi has a good reason for the delay. but in no way will I agree to the way they ignored users' screams for too long. CS is an art that Digi lacks.
Protools 9.0.2. 003R. Ableton Live Suite 8.2.1. Reaper 3.74
CA Alchemy. M-Audio Axiom 61
Closed Thread