Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Import Audio not 'saving' to audio files folder..

Hi everyone,

I'm running Pro Tools HD 8.1.1 - Everything has been running fine until last week,

When I import audio into a session I no longer get the dialog box to ask me where do I want to save a copy of the file I'm importing.. It now just goes straight to the dialog box asking to set up a new track or put it in the regions bin..

I have looked at the preferences and under the processing tab and in the import section I have checked "Automatically copy files on import"..

Any ideas??? Am I missing something??

Thanks,
Paul
Old 07-16-2011, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Import Audio not 'saving' to audio files folder..

I haven't found this.. but three times in the last few weeks I've noticed that the audio file that I import from another session is no longer in that other session when it's reopened..

ie: I copy a shaker track from session one into session two. Later I open session one to find the unable to find audio file error message waiting and shaker track missing..

weird.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:08 AM

That is very strange!!

It's like the shaker audio is being cut from the original session?? Has this just started to happen??

My problem has only started to happen in the last week. I was messing around with the import session data... I wonder has this anything to do with it??
Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM

make sure you're clicking the 'copy' button, and not the 'add button' when importing.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkm123 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm running Pro Tools HD 8.1.1 - Everything has been running fine until last week,

When I import audio into a session I no longer get the dialog box to ask me where do I want to save a copy of the file I'm importing.. It now just goes straight to the dialog box asking to set up a new track or put it in the regions bin..

I have looked at the preferences and under the processing tab and in the import section I have checked "Automatically copy files on import"..

Any ideas??? Am I missing something??

Thanks,
Paul
I would trash PT-prefs and check again.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 07-18-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp View Post
I would trash PT-prefs and check again.
Hi,

I have just noticed the file I was importing was a .wav file and it wouldn't copy into the session folder but, I tried to import audio with another .wav file and it worked perfect - I got the correct dialog asking where did I want to save a copy of the file..

Why would the preferences work for one file and not the other??

Strange...