Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2022, 06:41 PM

Default Pro Tools outputs loud midi when starting recording

Anyone else experience this?
  • Pro Tools Studio, Version: 2022.10.0
  • Focusrite 18i20 (2nd Gen), Firmware: 1653, Driver: 4.102.4
  • Superior 3.0 - Stereo Inst Track
  • Windows 10 Pro
Arm mono audio track (bass gtr). 2 bar count in. When it gets to the insert point I get full velocity midi notes from Superior when it starts. I've checked my midi notes in the Instr track, I get a full velocity kick, snare and cymbal. There's not even a cymbal programmed in the midi. I also muted the midi track so there is no trigger with same result. POW! During Playback it's fine. Only when arming a track?

I also tried taking 1 bar of midi drums, duplicated it. Set the insert point at the beginning of 2nd midi bar. Deleted the notes before and after insert point, so there no midi to trigger. Arm only the mono audio track. 2 bar count in. Same results. There no midi to trigger but I get a kick, snare, cymbal at insert point.

Tried and insert point where there's no midi, rec/arm audio trk. 2 bar count in. Result is no midi note spike at insert point.

I have the latest Focusrite Control and Driver installed.

This is driving me nuts. I can't even record because the loud midi, screws up the click as well.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools outputs loud midi when starting recording

Not one person on the planet has had an issue like this? Wonderful.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools outputs loud midi when starting recording

Why post the same question in a second thread? Per the rules of the DUC, post your question one time(and I already answered this days ago). All this does is make a mess out of the DUC Read your other post for 2 solutions to help you keep working.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave