Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2021, 04:08 PM

Default Clearing up all the Factory Plugin Presets

Finally made it to Mojave. Fresh install.

Re-installing Pro Tools reminded me:

As I have no use for the majority of the plugin presets that the stock Avid Plugins provide, I used to - in the past - manually delete them.

I cannot remember since which version of PTHD this started but basically PTU re-populates the factory plugin presets every time one relaunches the app - if these appear as missing inside the:

Home -> Documents -> Pro Tools -> Plug-In Settings -> Channel Strip (using Channel Strip here as an example).

My only way around is to manually clear the contents of the a preset folder inside the Plug-In Settings folder and then lock the folder from the Get Info window which, comes with its own drawbacks.

Is there an alternative solution to this?

Last edited by antonis; 02-27-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Clearing up all the Factory Plugin Presets

Typing the above seems that has forced the memory of a way round it.

fI a subfolder is created first and after that the Preset folder gets locked, this gives the ability to save presets inside the subfolder. Which, is absolutely fine.

The only drawback is that if I have to create a new subfolder, I need to navigate back to the Home -> Documents -> Pro Tools -> Plug-In Settings folder, unlock it, create the subfolder, name it and then lock the main Preset folder again.

It's not a massive deal, it just takes 2mins but stil gets you out of the flow a bit. Anyway...
Old 03-01-2021, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
Finally made it to Mojave. Fresh install.

Re-installing Pro Tools reminded me:

As I have no use for the majority of the plugin presets that the stock Avid Plugins provide, I used to - in the past - manually delete them.

I cannot remember since which version of PTHD this started but basically PTU re-populates the factory plugin presets every time one relaunches the app - if these appear as missing inside the:

Home -> Documents -> Pro Tools -> Plug-In Settings -> Channel Strip (using Channel Strip here as an example).
"Rant on"
This is one of my favourite annoying objects... it started with PT 10 or 11, that the users of ProTools are no longer considered "Pro" but "Stupid". Now you have to scroll through endless numbers of presets like "acoustic guitar" and "female vocal", which maybe of interest for the absolute first time user and beginner, but are useless and impedent for everyone else, until you reach your personal relevant presets. This hinders your workflow and creates aggression day for day. This must have been a decision of someone in the marketing dept., who has absoluteley no clue, what "ProTools" mean.
Sorry , "rant off"...

Last edited by matt-o-; 03-01-2021 at 04:03 AM. Reason: precision
Old 03-01-2021, 04:25 AM

Hey Matt,

Rant excused.

I hope that little way round this posted above helps at all.

A

Last edited by antonis; 03-04-2021 at 04:51 AM.