Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2009, 07:38 AM

Default A tip for those who use PT LE & UAD

ATA is a great idea but it needs a lot of time and efforts to use it.

The fastest way to use PT LE with UAD plug-ins is to do the same thing that ATA does but manually.

My English is far from perfect and everything below sounds very confusing but give my method a try - it helps me to work very fast

Here's my work flow:

1. Put a Digi Time Adjuster plug-in into the first plug-in slot of the track in the very beginning of the session

2. Enter a delay value of 8000 samples

3. Alt+drag the Adjuster to all tracks & auxes

4. Ctrl+double click in the black field under the fader of every track - now it reads 8000

5. Every time when you insert a new plug (f.e. an 1176) you can see the new delay value in the black field - 10048.

6. Open the calculator (you'll need it only during the first session) and subtract :

10048 - 8000 = 2048.
2048 - 8000 = -5952.

7. Enter 5952 into Adjuster plug - now the track is delayed of 8000 samples and perfectly aligned with the others

8. SAVE 5952 into the Adjuster presets!!!

9. In the end of the session you'll have a row of different presets for Adjuster for any combination of UAD plugs

10. Now, every time you put a new plug-in you just have to load a right preset into the Adjuster - you don't have to calculate - you'll get used to that presets in one day

11. The process of adding of a new plug-in is a matter of just two clicks

Here is a picture of how it looks like

PS. Maybe it could be a good idea for a new UAD Delay Compensator plug-in or Digi Time Adjuster plug-in
Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 AM

Default Re: A tip for those who use PT LE & UAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by attraktor View Post
ATA is a great idea but it needs a lot of time and efforts to use it.

The fastest way to use PT LE with UAD plug-ins is to do the same thing that ATA does but manually.

My English is far from perfect and everything below sounds very confusing but give my method a try - it helps me to work very fast

Here's my work flow:

1. Put a Digi Time Adjuster plug-in into the first plug-in slot of the track in the very beginning of the session

2. Enter a delay value of 8000 samples

3. Alt+drag the Adjuster to all tracks & auxes

4. Ctrl+double click in the black field under the fader of every track - now it reads 8000

5. Every time when you insert a new plug (f.e. an 1176) you can see the new delay value in the black field - 10048.

6. Open the calculator (you'll need it only during the first session) and subtract :

10048 - 8000 = 2048.
2048 - 8000 = -5952.

7. Enter 5952 into Adjuster plug - now the track is delayed of 8000 samples and perfectly aligned with the others

8. SAVE 5952 into the Adjuster presets!!!

9. In the end of the session you'll have a row of different presets for Adjuster for any combination of UAD plugs

10. Now, every time you put a new plug-in you just have to load a right preset into the Adjuster - you don't have to calculate - you'll get used to that presets in one day

11. The process of adding of a new plug-in is a matter of just two clicks

Here is a picture of how it looks like

PS. Maybe it could be a good idea for a new UAD Delay Compensator plug-in or Digi Time Adjuster plug-in

Assuming that each pluggin accurately reported to PT the actual amount of delay.

Also remember that the Time Adjuster pluggin has its own amount of delay as well.

Does your method take these two conditions into consideration?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbruff View Post
Assuming that each pluggin accurately reported to PT the actual amount of delay.

Also remember that the Time Adjuster pluggin has its own amount of delay as well.

Does your method take these two conditions into consideration?
Well, my method does not take into consideration anything, but it's been working for me flawlessly for a couple of years, and I do a lot of signal splitting, parallel compression, etc
Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 PM

not wanting to sound like a smart ass but isnt this basically how we all use digi time adjuster every day on multiple plugins?

i have presets in there for 1024, 2048 etc.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM

The idea is to delay everything in the beginning and substract while you open a new plug using presets prepared for any possible combination

Look at the pic
Old 11-16-2009, 04:40 PM

yup. same way im talking bout.

as i always use uad and liquidmix i already have the time adjusters on my template.