Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Revibe vs TL Space reverbs

Those nice people at Digi have given me some free plugins as ive just upgraded to an HD2..and I need a reverb..I can either have Digi Revibe OR TL Space reverb..which is better?? I will be using it mainly for vocals/acoustic guitar but also if it would mess up sounds as well that would be good...I have heard that Space is v processor heavy..any comments at all on their relative merits?? Thank you all....
Old 03-16-2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Revibe vs TL Space reverbs

I chose ReVibe when I upgraded to PT7 very recently.
Tons of presets to start from and a lot of flexibility with the effects. Nice sounding verb...
Haven't tried Space though so I can't compare
Old 03-16-2006, 01:06 PM

Hi,

TL space. better in my opinion, plus revibe can be purchased on ebay for little $$

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:35 PM

I have both & prefer TL Space. Yes it is more chip intensive, but it's also better sounding...
Old 03-16-2006, 05:30 PM

To me, they're sort of different beasts. ReVibe is more like a digital verb... TL runs off impulses of real spaces, so it sounds more "real". So, depending on what you need, either is great. I use them both in every mix.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Both are really good and don't do the same things. If it matters, TL Space has an audiosuite version while ReVibe has none (big deal for me). ReVibe can handle multi-channel tracks, whereas TL Space needs to input mono or stereo and output up to 5.0.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:23 PM

I think I just got the same offer and chose both verbs. I had 10 choices out of 11 on that list and the plug I didn't choose was a TL utility program which looked useless anyways. I already have a guitar tuner. Get both if you can.

RS
Old 03-16-2006, 07:27 PM

My vote would be for TL Space. There are some truly fine impulses out there now, and TL Space is a pleasure to use on TDM - no huge latency like I have to take with AltiVerb on TDM. ReVibe is very nice, and I don't think it's worth ignoring, but if I had to choose one, then TL Space would get my vote.

I used to want a real plate reverb, but some of the plate samples out there make me so happy that I don't think I need to deal with the poundage of a hardware plate.

I still think it's useful to have real digital reverbs sometimes, since some aspects of them can't be captured with a convolution reverb (i.e. the chorusing of a Lexicon), but there are some mighty fine sounds available with a convolution reverb that you can't get easily any other way, and if you don't have one yet, you _need_ to get one.

Cheers,

-mmonte-
Old 03-16-2006, 07:47 PM

I use both reverbs all the time and they are different as others have stated. I give them both high marks. Every so often you hear the fact that TL Space has a limit of 3 seconds of decay time but only at exposed areas like the end of a track. I haven't checked the PT7 version to see if this is now different. Get both they are very useful.

Eric
Old 03-17-2006, 12:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your wise words - appreciated - looks like Space then...