How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Structure LE upgrade path???

Someone had a brainstorm.

Digi, if I bought Structure LE and decided later that I wanted the full version would there be an upgrade path?

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 08-30-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Structure LE and Free...

I just saw this and for those of us that dont have any experience with samplers I would like to say "Thanks" for adding another tool to the toolbox. I think this is a great way to introduce sampling to the masses

Plus the LE and FREE versions do not seem to be be horribly crippled.

This is a brilliant marketing move. Opens up Digi to sell some sample libraries too!

And yeah a upgrade path from LE to the full version would be nice along with the abilty to import AIR samples from Strike and Xpand.

At any rate.

THANKS!

EDIT: anyone know do I need to manually install the downloaded Structure LE samples to Applications/Digidesign/Structure/Structure Sample libraries/Structure LE? this folder was not created during the install.

Also can I drop the samples from the original Structure Beta into Structure LE libraries?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:

EDIT: anyone know do I need to manually install the downloaded Structure LE samples to Applications/Digidesign/Structure/Structure Sample libraries/Structure LE? this folder was not created during the install.

Also can I drop the samples from the original Structure Beta into Structure LE libraries?
Yes is the answer to both questions.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Just As I thought Digi forgot about the Little Guys they go and offer the Structure family. I am really enjoying the Structure free and can't wait to purchase LE "promised wife I'd wait till our anniversary" Again Thanks Digi to lookin out for the common folk...............
Old 08-30-2007, 05:35 PM

I think this is a really nice thing to on Digi's part. I'm also wondering if it was something they had planned to release with 7.4 and or LE Vista and gave it up early as gift to make up for the delay in a Vista compatible version

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 08-31-2007, 08:11 AM

This is pretty cool. It's almost as good as when Digi released Expand!.

I downloaded the free version last night, and although there are not a lot of patches, there are way more than you get with SampleTank Free; probably about as many as with SampleTank LE. The Rhodes is quite nice and I like the way you use keyswitches to change patch variations.

I haven't tried importing any EXS or Kontakt2 patches to see how that works. Since I've already imported most of my EXS patches into Kontakt2, I won't really need to.

However, if you've been on the fence about Kontakt2 and don't need a sampler to work with different audio apps, Structure Free is way easier to use than Kontakt2 - if you just want to load some patches, do minor tweaking, and go.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:

This is a brilliant marketing move. Opens up Digi to sell some sample libraries too!

I hope so I like the the sounds in both expand and the structure free sounds , if digi were to to release sample libaries I'd probably give them a go.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 AM

Hi,

I know this is probably listed somewhere but can you map out your own samples? For example, let's say I wanted to drag some background vocals into Structure LE and map them out to only play on the middle C key, can this be done on the LE version?

Many thanks!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Digi, if I bought Structure LE and decided later that I wanted the full version would there be an upgrade path?

Pretty sad when I quote myself.

Ummm...Digi?

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Pretty sad when I quote myself.

Ummm...Digi?
Allow me to help...

Digi? This is a good question.