Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Mbox 2 Factory Bundle for Mac! PROBLEMS WITH ILOK AND PLUGns

Ok, People I have a fare bit of knowledge about mac's by the way

anywayz.....Iv'e purchased a new Mbox 2 Factory Bundle. I have installed all the the applicable software. I have also Gone to the ilok website and installed the software for that aswell. I've installed the igniton pack 1, 2 etc. Now my probrem is. when it comes to authenticating certain plugins it won't authenticate.......actually a lot of them wont authenticate e.g. DV Toolkit 2, Bomb Factory BF-2A, 3A, Broadband Noise Reduction LE, Fairchild 660, 670, Focustrite d2/d3, Hybrid, D-Fi and many more!!!

I bought it yesterday and last night I spent 3 hours trying to make the ilok authenticate the plugins DIDNT WORK!
I'm pissed I really thought it would be easy to set up and I wanted to start using it. I love my music but this is driving me nuts!!!

Oh yeah i have even registered this product with digidesign nto that it matters.

This it wot comes up when i try to authenticate:

This version of Mooger Fooger requires authorization to run,
but the authorization can not be found in the installed iLok,

I think I need to authorize my ilok. dont know how tho!

PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 04-28-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Factory Bundle for Mac! PROBLEMS WITH ILOK AND PLUGns

You should have the authorizations on file with ILok and then you need to download them to your Ilok.

peace
Old 04-28-2007, 02:46 PM

I don't see focusrite, fairchild, or some of the others you listed as being included with the bundle. Maybe they are, but Digi includes a lot of software on the installer disk that you may not actually own. They put out a few disks which let you install what you actually bought and demo the rest.

You mentioned you downloaded the ilok software, but did you actually log in (or create an account if you don't already have one) and download your auths to the ilok? The computer is seeing the ilok, I just don't know that there is anything on it to see.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 04-28-2007, 03:25 PM

You will need to go to iLok.com and create an acount and download the auths to your iLok.

The focusrite, D2, Hybrid, Fairchild etc are all extra cost plugs that are NOT included with the factory bundles, they are on the disc for convienence sake.

The Factory Bundle installer should be clearly labled as such-any other plugs are extra cost.

Go to iLok and syncronise your key and see if you have some transfers waiting.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Mbox 2 Factory product section:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...02&itemid=4945

The Mbox 2 Factory bundle includes 5 plug-ins:
Moogerfooger® Analog Delay
JOEMEEK® SC2T Photo Optical Compressor
JOEMEEK VC5T Meequalizer®
Cosmonaut Voice
Digidesign® Maxim

...with the licenses pre-authorized on the included iLok.

The Pro Tools LE application, DigiRack plug-ins, and Ignition Pack 2 software do not require an iLok.

From what you listed, you have installed updates for optional paid plug-in or other software that was not included with the particular product that you purchased. If you have installed other software, see the page linked from the iLok Authorization Info link on the right side of the Support section:
http://www.digidesign.com/support

Near the top on that page is a link to this page:
Pop-up Authorization Messages - Trial Licenses - Removing Optional Plug-Ins & Software
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=19348

Quote:
Pop-up Authorization Messages

All Digidesign plug-ins and software that require an additional purchase (and many from third-party developers) require an iLok license for authorization.

When the Pro Tools application is launched, a message will appear for each plug-in or software option that requires iLok authorization if the license for that sofware is not found on an iLok connected to your computer.

Pro Tools installers and installation disks include various installers for optional plug-ins and software in order to allow existing owners of these options to install or update software for which they have licenses.

If you have installed optional plug-ins or software that you did not purchase, and you do not have an iLok license to use these items, you can remove the software using the instructions below. Once you do, the pop-up authorization message will no longer appear during Pro Tools startup. The procedure for removing the expired (demo) software is different depending on the software type and platform. Information on trial licenses is at the bottom of this page...