Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2022, 09:10 PM

Default S1 and Control App - Function Pages

I recently grabbed an S1 for mobile recordings and its proving to a great asset. One thing I can't seem to get working is to have the iPad Channel Page follow the functions selected on the S1. ( @Eddie, great encoder choices btw )

ie when I press the EQ or DYN button on the S1, the iPad Channel page function is not switched / and vice versa.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 01-18-2022, 05:44 PM
Avid

Default Re: S1 and Control App - Function Pages

Try changing the setting on the general tab of EuControl thats a drop down, with Avid Control, Channel knobs and S3 in it. Set it to Control.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Try changing the setting on the general tab of EuControl thats a drop down, with Avid Control, Channel knobs and S3 in it. Set it to Control.
Believe poster is asking for type (dyn/eq/aux/pan) pressing on the S1 to change the Avid Control channel tab's focus. And then selecting a tile on the channel tab would switch the type on the S1 units.

Either I'm misunderstanding (and it isn't working for me) or your posted solution would just get windows to pop up on the computer's screen when the controls are fiddled with on Avid Control. But the S1 still stays the same.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Thanks Eddie, but that didn't resolve the issue.

When I press EQ or Pan or DYN on the S1 surface, the iPad Control App Channel Page doesn't change to show the selected parameter type. Also selecting a Function window on the iPad Channel Page, EQ, DYN, Pan etc, doesn't change the S1 selected parameter.

Is this not currently a feature of these two devices or I am missing something?
Old 01-19-2022, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeecee View Post
Thanks Eddie, but that didn't resolve the issue.

When I press EQ or Pan or DYN on the S1 surface, the iPad Control App Channel Page doesn't change to show the selected parameter type. Also selecting a Function window on the iPad Channel Page, EQ, DYN, Pan etc, doesn't change the S1 selected parameter.

Is this not currently a feature of these two devices or I am missing something?
No, it's not currently possible. The channel page on the tablet doesn't follow the selected EQ/DYN/AUX keys on the S1. It would make much more sense if it did.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:50 AM

Thanks Frank,

That’s unfortunate- hopefully that’s on the dev list Eddie?
Old 01-19-2022, 10:37 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Believe poster is asking for type (dyn/eq/aux/pan) pressing on the S1 to change the Avid Control channel tab's focus. And then selecting a tile on the channel tab would switch the type on the S1 units.

Either I'm misunderstanding (and it isn't working for me) or your posted solution would just get windows to pop up on the computer's screen when the controls are fiddled with on Avid Control. But the S1 still stays the same.
Yes sorry this is for when clicking in PT where the plugin shows (need more coffee)

I think what you are asking for is a pref that switches all surfaces to the same plugin/function. (another pref like this will add even more side effects, loops etc. though but we can try)
Old 01-19-2022, 03:43 PM

Thanks Eddie. A two-way binding between the surfaces and the Control.app would indeed be ideal.

I am considering grabbing another S1 to make a 16ch surface. In this configuration, do the two surfaces change parameter selection in sync?
Old 01-19-2022, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeecee View Post
do the two surfaces change parameter selection in sync?
Yes.

Both the bottom user buttons and the top selection buttons (shift through nudge) mirror across S1 units
Old 01-19-2022, 06:58 PM

Thanks BScout!