Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 AM

Default HELP PLEASE MY COMPUTER IS [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ED UP BIG TIME

hi, i just installed the waves driver for my mbox 2, hoping that now i would be able to enjoy music through my monitors, BUT, now after i restarted the computer, it wont load up anyhting(my desktop, start menu, ect.) and the only way to use programs is through device manager. what did i do wrong and other then eraseing my hard drive and starting over, is there anything i can do?

ps. i dunno if this means anything but i can't even open up emails or anything which is rediculous, but i had to use my dads laptop just to post this.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:01 AM

Default Re: HELP PLEASE MY COMPUTER IS [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ED UP BIG TIME

You gonna give more info or you just want us to guess what OS you have, what version of Pro Tools, and the make and componits of your PC?

Need way more info if you want help

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 AM

Unhappy Re: HELP PLEASE MY COMPUTER IS [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ED UP BIG TIME

sorry your right that was silly of me:

i am running windows xp on a sony vaio and i have protools le 7.1. i tired uninstalling the mbox audio driver before i installed the wavedriver but then it said there was a problem with my mbox so i reinstalled the mbox audio driver then reinstalled the wavedriver. after installing the wavedriver and restarting my computer is functioning but its not working right. my desktop backround is present but non of the icons or start menu are there. the only way i can run programs is by using task manager, however i cant even run explorer.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:16 AM

Default Re: HELP PLEASE MY COMPUTER IS [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ED UP BIG TIME

Depending on what version of PT you have the Wave Driver should be installed by default when you install Pro Tools. I beleive this is the case from 7.0 on up.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM

crap really? does that mean i installed it for nothing?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:25 AM

The WAVE and ASIO drivers are installed along with Pro Tools from version 6.4 onward. Installing the "stand-alone" drivers on top of a PT installation will screw things up. (The stand-alone packages are to be used only if you don't intend to install PT).
You should uninstall both and start over.

As was pointed out above, you're going to have to provide the correct info to get any help.
Sticky: Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!
Sticky: General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Windows (XP & Vista)
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 AM

well thats my next problem. i cant open up the control panel to uninstall anything. like i said the only way i can run ANYTHING on my computer (the one with a problem, the one im posting from is fine but isnt mine) is by running task manager and searching for programs that way. is there a way another way i can open up the control panel or another way to uninstall the drivers with out it? as of right now my only option seems to be erasing my hard drive and reinstall windows.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:10 AM

Frankly, I don't see any way installing the stand-alone package mucked up your operating system this way...