Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2004, 11:38 AM

Default Save Session Copy In removes files from session!!!

I just updated to 6.7 and found what I believe to be a MAJOR bug. Archived some sessions as I always do by using "Save Session Copy In" to a backup folder on the same drive. I usually don't even check these as I have never experienced a problem with this particular Pro Tools function. Well, I had to open one of these copies later in the day and when it opened, all the files were gone from the session! It was empty except for the video track. No files on any of the audio tracks, none in the audio bin. All the tracks were there and all the copied audio files were in the audio file folder, but the session was EMPTY.

I am stunned. So stunned that I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong. I tried several obvious things like deleting my prefs and restarting. Also installed the latest 6.7 update (cs1). Nothing helped. I can't for the life of me figure out what it might be if it's not a bug. "Save Session Copy In" is pretty strait forward and I can't imagine why saving a copy of a session would ever involve an option that removes everything from the session!

Digi - Please help me this one....