Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2022, 01:12 PM

Default Perpetual Upgrade offer

Hello everyone,

I got an email that say this:

Upgrade to the Latest Pro Tools and Save

Hi Albert,

Pro Tools is now Pro Tools Studio, providing a lot more power and capabilities for the same price. You can now upgrade your existing Pro Tools 9 or later license to a Pro Tools Studio perpetual license.

Even better, upgrade in June and save $100 USD*—that’s just $249 USD to get current, enabling you to…
• Create mixes with 512 audio, 512 instrument, and 1,024 MIDI tracks
• A massive suite of plugins, virtual instruments, and sounds
• Mix music surround sound, Dolby Atmos®, and Ambisonics
• Advanced editing and automation tools, including Clip Effects
Upgrade through your Avid Account* today and get all the latest features introduced since you last updated your Pro Tools. Plus, get access to all new releases, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, and Standard support for one year.

So I have a bundled Perpetual Pro Tools license that has PT 10, 11, 12, and up to PT 2019.10. If I use this upgrade, will it surrender my PT 10 through PT 2019.10 versions and just leave me with a 1-year active perpetual PT Studio license? Or will I also keep my earlier versions as well?

So in a nutshell, if I do this upgrade, is this what I’ll get afterword? –
Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) and Perpetual Pro Tools Studio up to 2023.6

Avid upgrades give me anxiety.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Perpetual Upgrade offer

Well, I found this on the knowledge base so I decided to purchase the Get Current upgrade and hope for the best.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...o-Pro-Tools-12

Avid Knowledge Base
Will I lose my Pro Tools 10 license if I redeem a Reinstatement or Get Current upgrade?

Last Updated : April 22, 2022
Products Affected : Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools Ultimate
With a Reinstatement or Get Current upgrade your existing license/bundle will need to be surrendered as part of the upgrade, but a new license bundle will be deposited which includes licenses for v10.0/higher. (v10.x is needed for 32-bit OS support as well as older RTAS and TDM plug-ins.)

It looks like everything went according to plan. The license is now for: Pro Tool Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) with Perpetual PT Studio, support and updates until July 01, 2023.

Thanks Avid.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberti1 View Post
Well, I found this on the knowledge base so I decided to purchase the Get Current upgrade and hope for the best.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...o-Pro-Tools-12

Avid Knowledge Base
Will I lose my Pro Tools 10 license if I redeem a Reinstatement or Get Current upgrade?

Last Updated : April 22, 2022
Products Affected : Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools Ultimate
With a Reinstatement or Get Current upgrade your existing license/bundle will need to be surrendered as part of the upgrade, but a new license bundle will be deposited which includes licenses for v10.0/higher. (v10.x is needed for 32-bit OS support as well as older RTAS and TDM plug-ins.)

It looks like everything went according to plan. The license is now for: Pro Tool Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) with Perpetual PT Studio, support and updates until July 01, 2023.

Thanks Avid.
I think you should be fine, I upgraded my PT 12 perpetual licence last week to Perpetual PT Studio, support and updates till late June 23, I will decide then if I need to continue the support and updates, either way I will have the perpetual licence.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:49 AM

Simple answer,
Yes you'll keep your licenses for your previous Pro tools versions and Pro tools Sudio will be added to the list in the ilok manager.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture PT licences.JPG (20.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-05-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomerp View Post
Simple answer,
Yes you'll keep your licenses for your previous Pro tools versions and Pro tools Sudio will be added to the list in the ilok manager.
Really? ProTools 12 seems to have been overwritten with Pro Tools Studio here.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:46 AM

As shown in my attached picture, you have your licenses grouped in your ilok manager. I've not tried yet to launch my PT12 installed on another computer so i will try whenever i can and will let you know
Old 07-05-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
As shown in my attached picture, you have your licenses grouped in your ilok manager. I've not tried yet to launch my PT12 installed on another computer so i will try whenever i can and will let you know
Thank you, I will try to open PT12 installed on another computer too
Old 07-05-2022, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Just checked my ilok and PT12 is greyed out! I dont know how to add pics on here on PT 12 It says licence has been surrendered !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg o.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Kerochan; 07-06-2022 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:01 PM

You must have some issue somewhere, try to contact Avid, they may sort it out for you. I have tested my PT12 and it is working fine and my licence is not greyed out.
Old 07-06-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerochan View Post
Just checked my ilok and PT12 is greyed out! I dont know how to add pics on here on PT 12 It says licence has been surrendered !
Yes. I believe this is as expected. But why are you showing us that screenshot? Your Pro Tools 12 licenses should now be within the bundle on the line above as shown by the example given by the other poster here. Click on the bundle, what does it show for Pro Tools 12?

Hopefully that was a screenshot of your account not the physical ilok. If it is the physical iLok get it so the only Pro Tools license on there is that bundle and try again.