Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-08-2016, 12:15 PM

Default Reload 8.0 LE due to multiple miscellaneous errors

Hi anyone that may have recommendations,

I recently tried to use the Protools 8.0 LE program with my MBox2 after it has been sitting dormant on my MacBook Pro for 2+ years. The MBox2 powers up as it always has to date because I do use this as a connection junction for two studio speakers that I play music off my Mac through. However, I cannot get a live sound signal from a mic, or instrument yet through trying to record a sample just to get sound adjusted. I get no visible Live signal in the program mixer and as moving along in record mode, I receive a space error, etc, etc. errors where my friend who seems semi familiar with Protools recommends I reload the program.

How can I do this with my code received from digidesign when I upgraded from Protools 6 to 8.0LE?

I'm not too technical on this so I apologize for this lamen's language.

Thanks

Pat
Old 01-08-2016, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Reload 8.0 LE due to multiple miscellaneous errors

discard above request. I'm trying a solution. couldn't figure out how to delete my post. thanks
Old 01-08-2016, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Reload 8.0 LE due to multiple miscellaneous errors

What OSX is on your MBP? If it's higher than 10.6.8, PT8 is unsupported. Do you still have the authorization code for PT8? If not, Search for Lost Authorization Code on this forum.

As far as the no signal issue, go to the Setup>I/O and default all tabs (Input, Output, Busses, Sends) and see if that does any good.