Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 PM

Default Fast Track Pro Outputting Mic input to Monitor, but Pro Tools 8 shows no mic signal

Help please. I just purchased Fast Track Pro along with Pro Tools 8 M-Powered. I am using a Macbook Pro. I have been able to connect and record midi tracks with my Korg Triton LE. But I'm having trouble getting protools to recognise my live instruments mic'd up with a Shure Beta 87C. Quick info about my setup:

- Yes I followed all steps in order in setting up my fast track pro with protools
- I have the most up to date driver
- Phantom power is on
- All my switches are in the proper places

The weird thing is I am getting perfect audio output from my fast track pro into my monitors and headphones, but when I go into protools/new track/mono audio track/ and select input 1. There are no levels being read. I am unable to record anything. Any ideas?? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro Outputting Mic input to Monitor, but Pro Tools 8 shows no mic sign

I have the same problem right now did you resolve the problem????
Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro Outputting Mic input to Monitor, but Pro Tools 8 shows no mic sign

did you check your setting in the FastTrack Software Mixer?

- also enabled Input Monitoring?
- did you set the AudioTrack into REC-Mode?
sometimes you don´t get a signal, when the AudioTrack is not armed.
- do you get signal on an AUX track?
and what are your system specs.

that´s all I can come up with, now.
:)

best
Old 12-18-2009, 10:06 PM

ok so check this i set up the system on my pc laptop and i got sound from my condenser mic....

system: fast track pro, hp win vista 32bit, akg mic
works fine i get audio from the mic and everything works fine...however i hear some sort of feed back

system : fast track pro, mac pro 3gb leopard 10.5.8 akg mic

sound quality is great coming thru protools and general audio function but no sound from either mic input

gonna try the aux track suggestion

Last edited by DONNYYARDAS; 12-18-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: forgot about the aux