Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2023, 01:29 PM

Default Perpetual license Expired??

After being away from my studio I tried to open pro tools today and I got the message that my subscription has expired, but I don't have a subscription.

On the 30 December 2021 I bought from Audio Deluxe this: "Avid Pro Tools GET CURRENT License for Expired Perpetual License". It was supposed to upgrade my perpetual license from PT 12 to PT 21, and it came with one year of Updates and Support. I did that so I can keep my perpetual license and not get into the subscription model. That Updates and Support expired on the 28.12.22, but I should be able to use my perpetual license with the last version of PT covered by the plan until 28.12.22. On my Ilok account I can see "Pro Tools perpetual bundle" License, with pt 10,11,12 and studio, and that says expired.

Last time I upgraded from PT9 to PT11 I bought the same and I could use PT12 after the year of updates and suport, I don't get why I cannot keep using my perpetual PT2 liccense. Please, don't tell me I didn't read some kind of small print...

Can you please help me solve this issue? I tried to make a case with the support but it asks me for a number I don't have.

Thanks and Best Regards

Erick
Old 02-07-2023, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Perpetual license Expired??

Ah the Avid support you can't get to when having licensing problems. I suspect they have up that shield because people abuse it for non-licensing questions. I'd hope that you could use an (somewhat recently) expired license to reach support for licensing related questions but I'm gathering that does not work?

Interesting that your expiry date is (sticking with smarter non-USA date format ) 28/12/2022 and Pro Tools 2022.12 was released on 27/12/2022. I have no idea how exact day-accurate perpetual update support is supposed to be. But might be good to check the Release Limit date for your license bundle lines up with what you expect. Is there any chance you were not running 2022.12 before? And somebody upgraded while you were away?

Hopefully Jeffro or others will see this.

I would be a careful buying from AudioDeluxe I don't believe they are an authorized Avid reseller.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:15 PM

Thanks Darryl for the reply!

Yes it is very strange what happened and I think I have a clue on what could have gone wrong.

On December 2021 I bought, as I previously wrote, the "GET CURRENT License for Expired Perpetual License" from Audio Deluxe. I didn't pay much attention to the license in the Ilok manager cause it was working, but on May 2022 I lost my Ilok dongle with the license. I contacted Ilok and started a RMA procedure, which avid was very fast to help me and soon enough I had a "NEW" license in my Ilok Account. I didn't pay much attention to the Expiration Date because I thought it was referring to the Updates and support plan, but Now I get that it was refereeing to the License. I think that in the process of reinstating the "New" license for the new 3gen Dongle they changed my license by mistake. It's the only explanation it comes to my mind.

I attached some screenshots from my avid account and Ilok account, and one from the email from Ilok when I requested the RMA and there states in the list that my perpetual bundle has NONE expiration date.

If anyone knows how can I contact the Avid support, even if paying a call or to open a case, because it's not cool that after paying $250 to "GET CURRENT License for Expired Perpetual License" Now I have no access to the software.

Thanks and best regards!

Erick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT ilok RMA License List before.jpg (56.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT audio deluxe bill.jpg (25.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT Avid Acount Plan Expired.jpg (19.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT Ilok Manager Actual.jpg (9.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2023, 06:26 PM

Avid support is going to have to help you. I would go ahead and purchase an ASC (Avid Support Code) here https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...cident-support. Then go here https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support and create an account support case and use the ASC number.

If Avid messed up you can try asking them to refund that ASC cost.
Old 02-08-2023, 03:11 AM

Do you have the latest iLok License Manager installed?

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory
Old 02-08-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
Do you have the latest iLok License Manager installed?
Please read the thread before replying, the OP has already provided info that makes clear the problem is the actual license.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:11 PM
Avid

Hi EProtz - I've fixed your license issue. We apologize about the confusion. Please activate the deposited license into your iLok key or iLok cloud. DM me if you need further assistance. Cheers!
Old 02-08-2023, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hi EProtz - I've fixed your license issue. We apologize about the confusion. Please activate the deposited license into your iLok key or iLok cloud. DM me if you need further assistance. Cheers!
Hi Cvicente22,
Thanks so much for your help!!!! I was able to activate the new deposited license into my usb Ilok and now I can use pro tools again. You've same me a lot of time and stress.

I want to thank Darryl again for his replies!

Have a good rest of the week!
Old 02-09-2023, 05:33 AM
Avid

Glad to help!