Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2010, 03:32 AM

Default Mac PT 9 Digi 002 Reason 5 - Rewire Sync Issues

Its late and I have spent all night trying to sort out this issue.

I ran a digi 002 with reason 3 on a mac g4 for years. No problem. Upgraded to 8 core mac 6 g ram and Pro Tools 9 the other day. Still running my Digi 002 as well. Installed Reason and when I opened my session (quite small and not very intense) the midi is wavering in time and is generally off.

When i adjust the Playback engine buffer to 512 it seems like it solves the issue from what i can hear, but i am concerned as I don't feel I should have to push the buffer down to run 1 midi piano and 3 or 4 audio tracks. I listened to the tracks through my Line out, bypassing the Digi 002 and it plays fine so it seems that (and i could be wrong) it is the digi 002 clock and rewire are not jiving.

This is where i pretty much lost my marbles and thought I would post here. When i pull a click track as a plug in onto an instrument track / aux and play that along in the same session the midi synchs fine at a any buffer level in the PB engine. Almost like the click is putting out a signal and reinforcing the sync or the clock.

I am not clear on my next steps at all. do i need to get rid of my Digi 002? run a click in every session? Is it a bug? A driver update? I am lost. I just know i am going to need to run some heavy sessions and i would love if anyone could help me out or have had similar problems and discovered answers. I've had this system for about 2 days and am just lost and could use the assistance.

Thanks... Mr Naps
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Mac PT 9 Digi 002 Reason 5 - Rewire Sync Issues

Pro Tools 9 Rewire has major issues. I am not having any timing issues i just cant use reason in rewire mode, recording copy and paste, editing notes even pressing play in reason used to work and now does not. I am using a 002 as well as reason 5. Wish Avid could shed some light on what changed with rewire.