Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 11-17-2021, 09:23 PM

Default Pro Tools First - Deleted cloud Files

Hey all, somewhat experienced pro tools user here, but first time actually posting a new thread.

Here is my story, I was doing a mobile gig for a client this week and was trying to use my laptop to record the event. I was using pro tools first which i felt was appropriate given i was only recording audio for a single vocal mic for about an hour with no pre existing session. I successfully recorded the event all went well, saved the session to the cloud, all still good.

I get home and open the session, all still good.

The next day i go to the studio to begin uploading it to the cloud to transfer to my studio computer, all still good here. But then i start clearing out old cloud sessions to open up space on the cloud and ACCIDENTALLY delete the session i recorded at the event from the project dashboard.

Now even tho it is off the cloud and supposedly deleted, i call avid with a support code that i had to purchase in hope that im not the first person this has happened to and that i can some how get the session back since the cloud exists.... somewhere.

Turns out it doesnt and im not able to retrieve the session in any way what so ever. little did i know that PTF is cloud based and not local storage. Makes sense. So here is my questions i am looking for a more direct answer for since im still hoping there is a way...

1) am the only person who has experienced this?

2) how can i magically recover the session? Willing to pay for this if need be.

3) any light / info on this is much appreciated

I understand that PTF is an introductory start but i felt up until this point it would serve some sort of purpose for me and my events i do mobile tracking for and then bring back to the studio.

Thanks in advance and really shooting for the stars here to some how magically regain this very important session.
-L
Old 11-18-2021, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First - Deleted cloud Files

If you deleted the project from within Pro Tools First, then I'm afraid it is gone. Projects use a uniquely generated identifier for each project, so even if you re-created it, using the same visible name, it would be unique on the file system.

This is a long shot, but your only hope would be that there are still audio files in the Pro Tools First project cache. If I'm not mistaken, it is located at: '.../Documents/Pro Tools First/Project Cache

If you find directories there, look in them for your audio files. If you find any, copy them out to a safe place on your computer. From there you can create a new project and import the audio files.

If you do not have any files in the cache directory, then they were removed when you deleted the project. You may be able to use a file recovery tool to try and undelete the files, but honestly, I've never had luck with that sort of thing.

System Details
Old 11-19-2021, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First - Deleted cloud Files

Thanks for the insight, unfortunately no luck here, since everything was on the cloud its not on the computer. thanks anyways