Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 11-08-2021, 07:30 PM

Default How install hd native card pcie on windows 10

Hello I try to install hd native card with the right hd driver on my windows 10
I don't want to install pro tools hd now cause I now pt 9.06hd won't work on my windows 10.
I want install only my HD native card and the right HD driver for windows 10.
Whats the right HD driver for my HD native on my windows 10?
Cause if I install hd driver 10 my pc crash
Then I have a 192/io and I would like use it like an audio interface to use with reason 12 for example or others.
I was happy with window's 7 pro 64 cause all my system was working now on windows 10 how can I use my HD native and 192i/o?

Actually I have the HD driver x64 version : 20. 11.0.157
My pc is not crashing I see the HD native in my peripherals system
But my 192i/o doesn't receive any sound
Thks
Old 11-09-2021, 08:14 AM

Default Re: How install hd native card pcie on windows 10

Buying old Avid hardware to use with Pro Tools makes a lot of sense, but buying to use with other programs is not such a good idea. I would shop around for a used license for Pro Tools 12.5HD as that is the oldest version that works with Windows 10, and its the last version that does not require a separate Digilink license(trying to give you the least expensive route)

Next, given your lack of experience on this(not an insult in any way), Which 192 did you get? If its a 192 DIGITAL, then it has no analog inputs or outputs and will be useless without converters(which can cost anywhere from $250 on up).

The other route would be to sell the 192 and HDN card and use that money to buy a good USB interface(which would likely work with any software you want).

Last idea; install your old PT9hd software and see if it works outside of Pro Tools(if it does, then go ahead and use other programs, but don't try to run the old version of PT).

I am running the very latest PT Ultimate with an HDN card and 192 on Windows 10, and it works great. BUT, I only use it with Pro Tools and I have the Digilink license on my iLok($299 from the Avid store).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-09-2021, 09:26 AM

Compatibility info here. Drivers come with the PT installer.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Buying old Avid hardware to use with Pro Tools makes a lot of sense, but buying to use with other programs is not such a good idea. I would shop around for a used license for Pro Tools 12.5HD as that is the oldest version that works with Windows 10, and its the last version that does not require a separate Digilink license(trying to give you the least expensive route)

Next, given your lack of experience on this(not an insult in any way), Which 192 did you get? If its a 192 DIGITAL, then it has no analog inputs or outputs and will be useless without converters(which can cost anywhere from $250 on up).

The other route would be to sell the 192 and HDN card and use that money to buy a good USB interface(which would likely work with any software you want).

Last idea; install your old PT9hd software and see if it works outside of Pro Tools(if it does, then go ahead and use other programs, but don't try to run the old version of PT).

I am running the very latest PT Ultimate with an HDN card and 192 on Windows 10, and it works great. BUT, I only use it with Pro Tools and I have the Digilink license on my iLok($299 from the Avid store).
First Thks for your reply perhaps I didn't very well explained my situation.
I want use my hardware with pro tools hd but I know my pthd 9.0.6 will not be supported by windows 10 it's the reason why I ask if I use another third party audio like reason 12 with my 192i/o analog but need a pthd driver on windows 10 and I know the only pthd running with windows 10 and my hardware would be the 12,5 if I am right.
My 192i/o is analog with the analog card on the rear.
It will work with pt HD 12,5?
Where to find a pthd 12,5 second hand at a correct price?
Don't want to sell my 192 and HD native
Want to stay on windows 10 with my HD native and my 192,the only way it's to find this pthd12, 5.
But want to be sure my 192 analog and my HD native will work on windows 10 and the pths12, 5.

Pt9. 06 HD is not working on windows 10 is not supported so I can't install it, why you advice me to install it on my windows 10?. Ah OK just install it but don't run the software just to see if the pthd driver is working with my HD native and 192 analog on third party audio like reason 12 or others?

Last edited by hart07; 11-09-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:18 AM

Hmmm, I'm not sure if there is a language gap or if you didn't read my post all the way through as I pretty much answered everything you are asking again(but thank you for the additional info). Let me try again:

Will HDN and 192 work with other DAW programs? They SHOULD work fine. As you need a driver, that is why I suggested installing PT9hd(so there would be a driver installed), but this is not a sure thing. Its also possible that if you simply install the card(and connect the 192) that windows 10 might install the driver by itself(as it usually does when any new hardware is found).

Glad you got the proper version of the 192(some people blindly rush out and buy things without knowing what or why).

PT 12.5hd is the oldest version that does work on Windows 10. Starting with 12.6hd, there is the additional requirement of the Digilink license(which enables any Digilink-connected hardware such as the 192)

Places to look for 12.5hd software:
eBay(be careful here. If the seller says you do not need an ilok, then the software they are selling is cracked)
The Buy&Sell section here on the DUC
Large pro-audio businesses like Alto Music, G Sharp Music(both have many eBay listings).

Another possible temporary solution: try installing ASIO4ALL. Its a free universal ASIO driver that might work(but it is a bit fussy to configure). Once you do get a newer version of PT, uninstall ASIO4ALL so it doesn't conflict with the proper Avid driver.

My last idea: PM me with your email and I can upload an HD driver from here(I save every PT installer on a backup drive).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-10-2021, 07:21 AM

^^ installin PT9 seems wrong to me. Take a look at the compatibility info posted earlier. Then go to Apple Download Center and download a compatible installer version, and find the drivers from that installer. Do not install PT though, as it is futile if you do not have a proper license. Drivers to my knowledge do not require license, only PT software.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmmm, I'm not sure if there is a language gap or if you didn't read my post all the way through as I pretty much answered everything you are asking again(but thank you for the additional info). Let me try again:

Will HDN and 192 work with other DAW programs? They SHOULD work fine. As you need a driver, that is why I suggested installing PT9hd(so there would be a driver installed), but this is not a sure thing. Its also possible that if you simply install the card(and connect the 192) that windows 10 might install the driver by itself(as it usually does when any new hardware is found).

Glad you got the proper version of the 192(some people blindly rush out and buy things without knowing what or why).

PT 12.5hd is the oldest version that does work on Windows 10. Starting with 12.6hd, there is the additional requirement of the Digilink license(which enables any Digilink-connected hardware such as the 192)

Places to look for 12.5hd software:
eBay(be careful here. If the seller says you do not need an ilok, then the software they are selling is cracked)
The Buy&Sell section here on the DUC
Large pro-audio businesses like Alto Music, G Sharp Music(both have many eBay listings).

Another possible temporary solution: try installing ASIO4ALL. Its a free universal ASIO driver that might work(but it is a bit fussy to configure). Once you do get a newer version of PT, uninstall ASIO4ALL so it doesn't conflict with the proper Avid driver.

My last idea: PM me with your email and I can upload an HD driver from here(I save every PT installer on a backup drive).
i just send you a private message
thks
Old 11-10-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
^^ installin PT9 seems wrong to me. Take a look at the compatibility info posted earlier. Then go to Apple Download Center and download a compatible installer version, and find the drivers from that installer. Do not install PT though, as it is futile if you do not have a proper license. Drivers to my knowledge do not require license, only PT software.
PTHD 9.06 dont' work on wondows 10 i trying to install it with y hd native and my 192 analg but don't work.
i got a licence with my ilock v2 but don't wrk on windows 10.
it'working on windows 7 pro 64 bits but not on windows 10 64 bits with the same config.

the problem is surely the hd driver ( mine the 9.0.6 is not working on win10 , and if i try to download the new one avid driver hd 21/10 is not working also.
and i can't reach the hd driver for pro tolls 12.5 cause don't have the software.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:32 PM

Avid Download Center has everything from 12.6 until current version. Just take a look at the compatibility page, load a compatible installer from there, install the HD driver but not PT software which you do not have license. I bet the driver works on other DAW but if you want to use PT software you obviously need proper license.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:04 PM

I can't download the hd driver from pro tools hd 12,6 cause when I try to download it the right one for win the download is starting but it's a dmg file (Mac) curious cause the name of the file before to download its pro tools hd 12,6 driver (win)
Perhaps trying to download the pro tools hd 12. 6.1 driver (win)
Hoping my HD native and 192 will work and would be recognized in another daw like reason 12 or other third party audio.
What's the price of a pro tools hd licence?
I mean a good price?