Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2021, 02:19 PM

Default Is there a way to MUTE a channel when punching in?

I'm trying to setup some sessions where talent is remote. We'll use Source Connect to get audio in/out, but my real issue is in looking for some Pro Tools functionality.

Talent must get a mix-minus, which isn't a problem to do, but there are times when we'll roll back and punch-in and, obviously, talent needs to hear his read prior to punch and NOT once I punch due to a delay over Source Connect. Is there anyway to have the channel MUTE upon punching in?

I know you can have separate record/play faders on the channel, but pulling it down to infinity changes any playback of the track before punch... you are STILL record enabled and the record fader adjusts playback gain in this instance.

I have tried routing the VO track to an aux that feeds a buss along with the mix-minus out to Source Connect, and that can work as long as I mute the aux as soon as I punch in... it just takes both hands.

Any other ideas would be great, thanks!!