How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2013, 02:20 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 with Behringer Xenyx Mixer

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my Behringer Xenyx 1204 mixer to record into Pro Tools 10. I'm using the mixer as an A-D converter so I'm plugging it into my laptop (mac) with a usb cable. I'm able to monitor off the mixer from pro tools but I can't get a signal path input. It even disables my laptop built-in microphone (not that I'm going to use it anyways). Just wondering if anyone knows if this hardware is Pro Tools compatible and how I can record into my laptop through USB?

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM
zolko

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 with Behringer Xenyx Mixer

Is Xenyx seen in Setup/Hardware window? Are you able to set Default paths in Setup/I/O window?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM

It comes up as USB Audio Codec in the Hardware Setup.
Nothing shows up in the I/O input anymore. Not even my built in mic, I feel like I've messed something up when testing out different things in the Hardware Setup.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM

I'm interested to see what the possible solutions are - I'm having the exact same issue with my setup and integrating a Xenyx X1204 into PT 10. The only work around that I can think of is running the main L/R outs into the TRS inputs on the MBox 2, but I've not had any luck recording into PT directly through the USB connection on the X1204.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:00 PM

Yeah, im hoping to bypass the audio interface and go direct into the laptop. I don't have an audio interface anymore.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:39 AM

Recently just got the behringer x1204 mixer and was told at guitar center by the audio pro I can use it in pro tools 11. However, when I try to open pro tools it blocks me out and says to plug the inter face in.. so i cant even get to teh setup screen to change anything in order to use teh mixer.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfgurutigers69 View Post
Recently just got the behringer x1204 mixer and was told at guitar center by the audio pro I can use it in pro tools 11. However, when I try to open pro tools it blocks me out and says to plug the inter face in.. so i cant even get to teh setup screen to change anything in order to use teh mixer.
Uh oh "Audio Pro" and "Guitar Center" in the same sentence. Oh and any lack of even a hint about what computer you are using. I'm predicting this is not going to go well for you.

Your mixer is stereo USB Out only, it has very limited use with a DAW, basically just recording the analog mixer mix-down. Is that what you want to do?

I can't guess what platform you are on, this is class compliant on OS X and needs ASIO4ALL on Windows. If on Windows did you install ASIO4ALL? If so start up Pro Tools and hold down the N key and keep it held down until he playback engine dialog panel appears then select the mixer as the playback engine, it may be called ASIO4ALL.

Overall if you are after an audio interface for recording multiple inputs with Pro Tools this ain't it. Hopefully you actually wanted an analog mixer for live use.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-28-2016 at 05:43 PM.