Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 04:22 PM

Default New Mac, Cards don\'t show up....

Hi there -

First let me say that I have searched the DUC and RTFM'd until my fingers and eyes have bled

Not new to Pro Tools, been running HD systems on Mac and PC since they came out and Mix before then, but this has me stumped.

Just received my new Intel Mac yesterday Dual Core Xeon 2.66 with and HD3 Accel PCIe pro tools set up.
Core slot 2, process cards 3-4

Running PT 7.2.1 for now.

The mac absolutely does not see anything in the PCIe slots. Digitest won't run, doesn't see any hardware. I have reset the cards, re-installed PT. The mac users guide says I should adjust the PCIe power requirements in the utilities, but I don't see anything that will allow me to do that.

The flex cables are installed correctly, btw.

Am I just missing something completely obvious?

I appreciate any insite the smart folks here might have for me - thank you!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: New Mac, Cards don\'t show up....

What about core only?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 PM

hmmmm - I haven't tried core only. Thank you, I'll give that a shot. Usually if something is this catastrophically bad, it's definitely operator error. I'll try to eliminate as many possibilities as I can.

Thanks again -
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 AM

Thanks tweakhead - as per usual it appears to be operator error and bad cable at the root of the cause. Somehow in my reinstalling PT to trouble shoot, I re-installed 7.2, not 2.1 that and a bad I/O connector cable, had me chasing my tail.

All appears to be fine.

Taking a deep breath before jumping into re-installing and updating all my plugs....

*sigh*