Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Core Audio and Roxio Jam conflict

Having trouble with Roxio Jam 5.0 and Digi's Core Audio manager. The system is a G4 MMD, OS 10.3.8, and Digi002R with PT 6.4. Core Audio works fine with iTunes, but I can't get any sound out of Jam. Anybody else have this problem? Any ideas for a fix? Thanks, M
Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Core Audio and Roxio Jam conflict

Update: when trying to play a sound file in Toast or when launching Jam, I get the following message:"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error. Result Code = -2004"
Have been searching Google and support on the Apple website, but have yet to find any information on "result code = -2004".

iTunes and other clients play find through Core Audio Manager 6.9
Old 01-11-2007, 11:20 AM

I have the same problem with Toast/Jam 6. I just set the Jam outputs to the internal audio until Roxio gives us an update.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 AM

They just announced/released Toast 8, which includes the Jam package.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:43 PM

I just checked the Roxio website. It does appear they have now combined Jam & Toast into Toast 8 and lowered the price significantly. A new copy of Toast is only $99 (plus you can use a $20 rebate coupon). It use to retail for about twice that and street price was about $170 or so for Toast/Jam combo. The only new feature that I saw was the ability to trim the beginning or end of a file. Everything else they claim is "new" in Toast 8 was already in Jam 6.

Before you pluck down the $$$ for an updated Jam/Toast. Check out DSP Quattro. It does everything Jam does and a lot more, such as using VST or AU plugins on individual tracks.

When DSP Quattro was the same price or cheaper than Toast/Jam, there wasn't any question. Now with lowered Toast 8 prices, it may not be as clear. I've used Jam for years mastering CDs.

http://www.i3net.it/Products/dspQuat...p/Index_EN.asp

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:56 AM

When I registered my Toast 6, they put me on their e-mail list for updates. The price they quote registered users to upgrade is somewhat lower than the $80 w/ rebate.

We could be comparing bananas and pomegranates: the link to DSP-Quattro doesn't give me any indication that it works on Intel Macs, which brings into question their support...and Roxio Toast 8, while a UB, works with OS X.4.8 and higher.

I just wish I could still buy Jam seperately from Toast, or that I'd had the wisdom to buy the bundle at the time.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:11 AM

Ummm, shouldn't you be using Core Audio 6.4 if that's the version of PT you're using rather than 6.9?

and is the version of Toast you're using compatable w/ the version of QT you need to run whichever version of PT you're using?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:07 AM

The web site said that I could upgrade from Jam6 OR Toast Titanium (v7) to Toast 8 for $59. It sounds like they'll get another upgrade fee from me...maybe it will work with the latest Digi Core Audio as well.

I didn't see anything about a UB version of DSP Quattro on their site either. Too bad.