Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 01-12-2017, 07:38 AM

Default No music in Scorch, unable to move SIB files to iPad

Hi everyone,

I am a new iPad Owner 12.9" Trying to use my iPad for my music. I bought Scorch in order to play all my Sibelius files. But there is no way for me to get my files over to the iPad.

I have followed the instructions provided here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en391291

I do not have these "File Sharing" options as mentioned in the article. And it just does not work the way the instructions are

I have tried draggin the .sib files over to the iPad but it just gives me a message that these files are not supported. What am I missing here?

I have my iTunes runnning on a PC, W10. I have also tried downloading the sib files directly from my Google Drive, but it just gives me the same error. It is almost like Scorch is not installed.

Another thing is that I see no scores availble for purchase in the Scorch app itself. But I am logged in with my own username and pass to the App.

I hope someone can help me with this, it is one of the big reasons i bought this machine, since I am a musican :)

Best regards,

iPad Pro 12.9" iOS 10.2
Old 01-17-2017, 02:30 AM

Default Re: No music in Scorch, unable to move SIB files to iPad

Plug in your ipad to the computer or how ever you link. Im old school and still use physical cables.

Open itunes and open the ipad in iTunes from the ipad icon.

Click on apps

The screen is split in two horizontally, at the top you will see the apps installed but further down you will see the apps and their associated files.

Click on scorch and you will see the four or so default scores that installed with the app. Scroll to the bottom of the scorch files window and there is an add button, click on that and navigate to the scores on your computer and select all them. And click on add again and they should be added into scorch.

As to purchasing, there are other threads on this forum that the store is down.

Scorch is great for playing and transposing your scores one at a time. But if you want to use it for performances, get forScore as you can create set lists and have scores lined up to display full screen like in music stand mode. I have over 500 scores and forScore is much much much better at finding them quickly as it has sooooooo much better metadata and list views. You can also annotate the files in forScore.

You can probably guess which app i use daily and which app i use a few times a year.

Last edited by Fraser.Sims; 01-17-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 AM

Thank you Fraser.Sims,

I have re-installed the app a couple of times and restarted the iPad, and finally it is in there :)

Thank you for your help, it also took me a while to realize I had to scroll down to the bottom to transfer the files. Now it is all in there.

Yes I use forScore a lot, it is kind of the reason for choosing the iPad, there simply is not a better sheetmusic product out there.

But I have a lot of playback files in Sibelius, that I use for teaching and practicing, and it is really good to be able to play everything and transpose on the fly.

I think in the end I would want to convert all to mp3 or midi files and link to the scores in forScore, this is the ideal outcome :)

THanks again for your help.

iPad Pro 12.9" iOS 10.2
Old 01-21-2017, 08:38 AM

Egill, one other thing to consider is converting your files to musicxml and using newzik.

Anyway, glad you are up and running.

;o)

http://www.sibeliusblog.com/news/nam...ow-and-evolve/