Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 06-10-2022, 04:32 PM

Default Avid took away ultimate for carbon

when i purchased carbon, there promotion included perpetual standard and ultimate License for protocols, when that changed there tier system, it seems i lost my ultimate licenses and received PT studio. Is this correct or i’am missing something.. if in fact did this, that sucks.

Thanks
Progear
Old 06-10-2022, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Avid took away ultimate for carbon

There is a whole Carbon forum on DUC, where this stuff has been discussed ad nauseam. You probably should have post this to the Carbon forum with all the other threads about Pro Tools licensing for Carbon, where the product folks are known to be watching. Maybe a mod will move this thread there (please don't repost another thread there).

And see https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...Q/Carbon-Promo

Why don't you read up on what's posted there and contact Avid support if you think something has been done wrong for you.

Make sure you actually were in that promo, and not just a standard purchase. But yes clearly if you were in the Promo you should keep your perpetual license and support should be able to clean this up for you. If you have a case number post it here and that may help get attention on it (but typically Avid folks will need a case open so they know who you are exactly/may need your iLok ID etc.).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 06-10-2022 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:09 PM

Default Carbon and Ultimate Licenses

Posted a similar question over in the main protocols section and was scolded, that i should ask my question in this section.

Anyways,

When i purchased my carbon i received a free standard and ultimate licenses, When Avid changes its tier system i was changed over to protocols studio, so did all you protocols ultimate carbon user also loss ultimate and received studio ?

Thanks
Progear
Old 06-11-2022, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Carbon and Ultimate Licenses

And worse than posting in the other forum area is spamming DUC with multiple threads on the same topic. But don't let that stop you.

Quote:
When i purchased my carbon i received a free standard and ultimate licenses, When Avid changes its tier system i was changed over to protocols studio, so did all you protocols ultimate carbon user also loss ultimate and received studio ?
If you looked though posts in this forum you would know that clearly has not happened. And you are starting with an assumption that Avid could somehow downgrade a license you were promised in a promo. As badly confusing as Avid licensing can be that won't happen.

And as I said in your other thread (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420548)...

And see https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...Q/Carbon-Promo

Why don't you read up on what's posted there and contact Avid support if you think something has been done wrong for you.

Make sure you actually were in that promo, and not just a standard purchase. But yes clearly if you were in the Promo you should keep your perpetual license and support should be able to clean this up for you. If you have a case number post it here and that may help get attention on it (but typically Avid folks will need a case open so they know who you are exactly/may need your iLok ID etc.).
Old 06-12-2022, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progear View Post
Posted a similar question over in the main protocols section and was scolded, that i should ask my question in this section.

Anyways,

Thanks
Progear
If I am understanding your wording, ?

The promotion offered included a 1 year PT regular subscription (which could be renewed or converted to a perpetual) and a 1 year PT Ultimate perpetual which you would have to renew under the annual upgrade and support plan renewal ,,, at the end of the year.

So if you in fact renewed both you should have both in your account . If you did not renew the Ultimate but only the standard then you would only get the Pro Tools Studio version, which sounds possibly like what happened ?

But yes I kept my Ultimate perpetual current so I have Ultimate in my account...

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 06-12-2022, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
If I am understanding your wording, ?

The promotion offered included a 1 year PT regular subscription (which could be renewed or converted to a perpetual) and a 1 year PT Ultimate perpetual which you would have to renew under the annual upgrade and support plan renewal ,,, at the end of the year.

So if you in fact renewed both you should have both in your account . If you did not renew the Ultimate but only the standard then you would only get the Pro Tools Studio version, which sounds possibly like what happened ?

But yes I kept my Ultimate perpetual current so I have Ultimate in my account...
Thank you, your post explains a little clear..
Old 06-12-2022, 02:04 PM

Nooooo.... why is this so hard.

The Ultimate licenses from this promo should never go away.

But what does "lost my license" really mean? Pro Tools Ultimate no longer works? the iLok license is gone? Have you tried to sync licenses, checked your Avid account etc. to see what it says it thinks you have...

If the one year ended then a promo perpetual Ultimate license support plan/renewal would not be active, add-ons like Avid Compete Plugin bundle would stop working. But the iLok license itself for Ultimate should keep working. Possibly you need to resync the iLok or activate a new license to get the subscription to change to a perpetual. The Avid Account should show an Ultimate perpetual license with non-renewed support plan... and that should be there to allow the user to renew or reupdate the support plan.

So again, if you purchased under this promotion and don't have a license then file a support ticket, and get this sorted out.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Nooooo.... why is this so hard.

The Ultimate licenses from this promo should never go away.

But what does "lost my license" really mean? Pro Tools Ultimate no longer works? the iLok license is gone? Have you tried to sync licenses, checked your Avid account etc. to see what it says it thinks you have...

If the one year ended then a promo perpetual Ultimate license support plan/renewal would not be active, add-ons like Avid Compete Plugin bundle would stop working. But the iLok license itself for Ultimate should keep working. Possibly you need to resync the iLok or activate a new license to get the subscription to change to a perpetual. The Avid Account should show an Ultimate perpetual license with non-renewed support plan... and that should be there to allow the user to renew or reupdate the support plan.

So again, if you purchased under this promotion and don't have a license then file a support ticket, and get this sorted out.
You are correct I misspoke (hope I did not add to any confusion) . I should have said --- if Studio was the only license now showing in his account as being current (with future expiration date) , it is "likely" he did not keep the Ultimate license current.
Unfortunately the lack of detailed info from the OP makes it matter of speculation . Hopefully he can get it sorted

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 06-13-2022 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:41 AM

Contacted Avid support and Issue has been resolved ..