Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Crane Song Phoenix not compatible with PT 7.3?

I just upgraded my HD3 Accel system (on a Mac G5, dual 2.5G) from PT 6.7 to 7.3 software, and now my Crane Song Phoenix is telling me it is not compatible with this version of PT and to contact the manufacturer. I did, and I have the latest upgrade for it (installer 2.4.3) which I have installed, but I still get the same message.

I called David Hill at Crane Song, and this is news to him. He's checking it out for me, but off the top of his head he doesn't know why this is happening and says he hasn't heard of the problem before. While he's digging, I just wanted to pop in and ask if anyone has any insight into this issue.

I really love this plug-in, and I use it a great deal. I've got to mix a full record next week, and REALLY want to have this up and running.

Help????

Thanks,

JC
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Crane Song Phoenix not compatible with PT 7.3?

I had a problem with the Crane Song installer installing a different version of the plug than it was supposed to. Dave sent me the updated installer, and it straightened this out. I am now running 7.3.1, with a session full of Phoenix plugs running, and it works fine, although I am running on a Mac Pro.

I think I may still have the istaller. Contact me if you want a copy of it. I can put it up on my iDisk for you to download.

Tom
[email protected]
Old 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Crane Song Phoenix not compatible with PT 7.3?

Quote:
I just upgraded my HD3 Accel system (on a Mac G5, dual 2.5G) from PT 6.7 to 7.3 software, and now my Crane Song Phoenix is telling me it is not compatible with this version of PT and to contact the manufacturer. I did, and I have the latest upgrade for it (installer 2.4.3) which I have installed, but I still get the same message.

Hi,

I have version 2.1.3 installed on 7.3.1 and its working fine!!

Its here...

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...51&itemid=4082

Remove the current version from your folder and install the version above!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.