Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 08:22 AM

Default DIGIDESIGN\'S SUPPORT IN EUROPE IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!! *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by extratone
Old 11-20-2006, 09:32 AM

Default Re: DIGIDESIGN\'S SUPPORT IN EUROPE IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!

everyone knows that digidesign has a monopoly on this music industry.

but they make a great product that has stood the test of time, and is endorsed and used by just about every major studio in the world.

the main reason why i prefer pro tools to other DAW systems, is the COMPATIBILITY.

i like the fact that i can record songs, and then take the tracks to a bigger studio for a better mixdown.

this saves me tons of money, as i can do most of the work in my home studio and save the most important part (the mix) for a professional studio that was designed to get the best mix.

and lately i've gotten my mixes so tight that many of them just need mastering at a quality facility (hence skipping the mixdown sessions).

m-audio is the catalyst in this scenario.

that's why they call it m-powered - because the struggling musician is literally empowered (FINALLY!).

so although you have to deal with a big monopoly and perhaps a company that is somewhat slow to fix problems / etc. - you are still in a better position at the end of the day, because your alternative in the past, was to have $30,000 for a TDM HD-1 system.

so, consider the alternatives in a world that is filled with greed.

without m-powered, we would still be "wishing" we had the money to buy a TDM system.

another alternative was to get a digi 002 ($1,200+).

but the firewire 1814 only cost me $384 on ebay!

just my thoughts - overall, my experience with pro tools and m-audio has been good.

i currently own:
m-audio keystation 88es (one of the lowest priced midi controllers with 88 keys)
m-audio black box (one of the best solutions for a working musician that needs guitar effects)
m-audio 1814 (best bang for the buck with regards to inputs / outputs using pro tools)

each of these products gets a 100% satisfactory rating from this consumer.

would i buy from m-audio again? CERTAINLY.

i am very grateful that m-audio understands the needs and budgets of struggling musicians.

i think that people forget all to quickly how far this thing has come.

i could never afford a TDM HD-1 - but i really don't want all of that gear in my house either (i don't make enough money to even pay the electric bill on that type of equipment).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

i see a lot of people come to this board and post a problem due to their HARDWARE not being compatible.

people actually believe they can get a pentium III running this stuff.

the bottom line is that you MUST do your homework, and make sure that you buy a system capable of running this software the right way - plain and simple.

read over the compatibility documents - come to the forums BEFORE YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING.

READ - READ - READ - EDUCATE YOURSELF.

if you buy something that doesn't work, and you never read the warnings, then who's to blame for that?

it is very hard for them (digidesign and m-audio) to test every possible scenario - but they have done pretty good as far as ruling out what DOESN'T WORK.

so for that alone, i commend them for at least telling us what they do know, and what to avoid.

if you have further issues with the software, then perhaps someone on this board will be able to assist you.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: DIGIDESIGN\'S SUPPORT IN EUROPE IS TERRIBLE!!!!

I respect your opinion and your right to advertise digidesign products.
But what anything of this has to do with the terrible tech support in Europe, I see your are from USA so you can't really have an opinion on this. Now, as for the last part of what you wrote I think it's the company's responsibility to see what is compatible with what and not the user trying to get a point in a forum with 1000000000000000 posts. Now, they showed today that they don't respect my money and that's all I care about. They dissapointed me and afterwards I found that I'm the first or the only person in Europe to whom this has happened. I bet a famous customer of them would get different treatment. Again I am talking about Europe, I don't know what's going on about their customer support in Usa. And oh yes, there are alternatives, not everybody uses pro tools.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:55 AM

someone once told me that "you can't reason with unreasonable people".

on that topic, i suggest you do the math.

if you want help, then perhaps alter your approach and try again when you are feeling better.

if i were in your position, i would call tech support again, this time, after smoking a big blunt or having a beer.

these tech support people you talk to on the phone are just that - people.

so you will have to alter your approach or else deal with an emotional situation.

all i can say is MINE WORKS 100%!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:00 AM

Oh what wisdom! Keep on talking with yourself then and get out of this thread.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 AM

snip.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:03 AM

it's obvious that you want to fight something or someone.

to which i won't add fuel to your flame.

good luck with your system.

sorry i couldn't help.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Avid

Extratone -

I think there's been a bit of confusion here. I contacted both our German and UK tech support departments to try to piece together what happened. From what I understand, the M-Audio Germany tech support department were able to determine that your M-Audio hardware was working properly at which point they referred you to the UK tech support office for assitance with Pro Tools M-Powered since they don't do support for M-Powered in that particular office. I think the tech in UK didn't quite understand the situation, which is why they referred you back to Germany. The fact that you live in Greece complicated the matter somewhat as well.

We will have someone from the UK office contact you directly to hopefully resolve the situation.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:56 AM

Hello and thank you for your reply.
I was contacted today by a representative of yours from Germany who apologised to me about what happend
and offered me his help,so I'm quite happy to see that. I hope with the assistance of this person that I will be able to solve this problem and move on and work with pro tools.
Thank you for your interest in this situation.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:31 PM

I can only state that I have gotten a lot of help from both Digi Nordic and Digi Germany and they have been nothing but fantastically helpful towards me, my needs and my problems. So I wouldn´t mind at all if you erased this post, now that you feel you have been helped?
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix