Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:28 PM

Default delay when punch recording

I have a new glitch that showed up last week on both my mobile studio (titanium and m-box) and g-5 machine using 002.

When I set a preroll and hit record the machines go into a 4 or 5 sec pause before starting the preroll playback. It also happens without the preroll when just hitting refcord.

I have been recording this way for years and this just started on both machines., I am sure it is something I have done. Any ideas what it is.

On the laptop last week I was using a virtually new glyph drive so fragmentation is not the issue and on the session today I was using a drive which had just had disk warriour run on it.

This is very annoying so any help would be appreciated.

Jeff
Old 06-27-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: delay when punch recording

Sounds like you have your 2 bar countoff set to on.

Open your and expand your transport window so it shows MIDI information, then click on the 2 BAR button. If it is Blue, it will wait 2 bars before starting to record, if it is Grey, it will start immediately. I found in 6.7, it goes on and off randomly.

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
G4 MMD Dual 1g + 1.25g RAM
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
3 Lacie 80g FW Audio Drives
Old 06-27-2005, 04:03 PM

No it doesn't... but you can toggle it using the numeric 8 key.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-27-2005, 05:08 PM

Errr, yes it does! One session will open with it selected and another will not, without changing anything. If I turn off the 2 bar countoff, it will remember that, but when I start a NEW session, it might open with it on or off, no telling why? My sollution has been to leave the expanded MIDI transport open so I can tell if it's on or off.

Rail, you're not being very helpful. How about suggesting what you think it is huh? instead of just catagoricaly denying that in fact that's the case!!

Man???

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
Old 06-27-2005, 05:17 PM

If you see unusual behaviour like you describe.. follow the sticky troubleshooting tips - esp. about trashing your prefs.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-27-2005, 05:42 PM

I understand that and do so regularly. The problem showed up on a brand new install of PT TDM on and HD3 Accel system G5 Dual 2ghz w/6.7.It presented itself in different forms thruout the night with exactly the same setup and without even quitting PT.

It so happens that we were doing a live recording in a theatre, so this needed to be sorted out, 'cause we didn't have much time to troubleshoot between sets and sessions and it was very bothersome to find out it had changed in the split second that the band started to jam as we hit record, only to find out that the 2 bar countoff had been enabled and that we might have missed the first couple of beats. I'd never experienced this before either, so it came to mind when I heard this poster having the same problem.

That's all I'm suggesting. My sollution for now is to leave the transport extended so I don't have any surprizes. Hopefully when I get 6.9 loaded up, it'll be fine again.

Digi001
(RME adi-8 pro)
PTLE 6.4 (DVToolkit)
Mac. OS 10.3.3
Old 06-28-2005, 05:07 AM

Thanks to you all. It was the midi and I am sure the toggle on the keypad 8 is what I did, but since I did not have the midi controls visible, I didn't know I did it.

Thanks for the quick response. We had a very annoying day yesterday because of it and today should be much better.
Thanks
Jeff