Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 09-04-2011, 07:28 AM

Default Banks and number of channels

I have not been able to figure this out. So just give me hellfire if this is a stupid question.

I have a MC Control and a MC Mix using Logic 9. That gives me 12 faders. When i press the bank up/down it moves just 4 every time. This is not what I want. I want one bank to be 12 so i can get to channel 13-24 pressing only once.

Hope someone can help me out
Old 09-04-2011, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Banks and number of channels

In EuCon Settings; Surfaces tab
Make sure 'Artist Control Banks Independently' isn't checked.
Otherwise, according to the documentation multiple units always bank as a single unit.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:54 AM

I can still only jump 4 tracks for every time i hit det bank buttons ;(
Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 AM

I only have one device so can't test on multiple units but reading through the manual there's a section that reads:

"Press the CHAN key on any Artist Mix to toggle all surfaces between normal and channel mode.
In channel mode, a knob set is displayed across all linked surfaces. For example, with two linked surfaces, a knob set is displayed on 16 knobs instead of eight. If the knob set has more knobs than the linked surfaces can display, navigate among them with the PAGE keys.
Press a Knob Set Selector key on any Artist Mix to select that knob set on all Artist Mixes."

Not sure if this will help? I assume you have both units setup through a switcher or a router into Ethernet Port 1?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 AM

It seems like the best way to solve this problem is using the chan select screen on the MC Control rather than the bank up/down. I tried it out now and the line at the bottom of Logics mixer moves so that the chan I select corespund to fader 1 and upwards.

That is ok...but I would like the option to select how many tracks a bank contains.

(and a way to customise the 8 knobs by the touchscreen so I can assign the knobs to the plugin parameters the way I want rather than browsing through pages to find the one I need)
Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Yes, you are correct. I'm hardly ever in Logic, but when I started it up, it works like that at the moment, but if I remember correctly, what you describes used to work in PT in HUI-mode before. Myself I don't mind, since I check the box to make the Control bank indipendently, place my 4 "Mastering-tracks", Master/Rev 1/Rev 2/Del on the Control to my left and bank 8 tracks at the time on the Mixes.

In my experience you need 2 Artist Mix to fully use the plugin-edit on the Artist Line on most plugins I've tried sofar... (the third doesn't add any functionality to that as far as I have seen)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 09-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinvegardstavik View Post
(and a way to customise the 8 knobs by the touchscreen so I can assign the knobs to the plugin parameters the way I want rather than browsing through pages to find the one I need)
Agreed, this option would make life a lot easier. Some plugins map in very linear ways therefore creating sometimes 4 or 5 pages of redundant parameters before you can access the most integral ones

I was thinking of investing in a Mix to work along side my Control, does this mean there is no way of banking them as a single 12 fader unit in Logic?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:18 AM

I have the same setup but work with Sequoia from Magix. I really would like to have one big bank with 12 faders!!!

We have big orchestrarecordings and mixes - so we end up with quite a few channels (32 to 40) having only the chance to bank in 4 or 8 is not really useful.

Please change this.

Best.

F.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T S View Post
Agreed, this option would make life a lot easier. Some plugins map in very linear ways therefore creating sometimes 4 or 5 pages of redundant parameters before you can access the most integral ones

I was thinking of investing in a Mix to work along side my Control, does this mean there is no way of banking them as a single 12 fader unit in Logic?
You can do that. I have my Mix at the left side of the Control (you can set it up for both sides). I recomend the combo btw, 8 more faders is great. When you set up like described in second post you will have 12 different Chn asigned chronological to 12 faders. The problem I described here is that the bank+- buttons only moves up or down in steps of 4. That is like a..quad-nudge ;p

Sorry for typos...using my ipad...
Old 09-05-2011, 08:29 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

I'm very surprised nobody mentioned the assignable Eucon command for this:
You can assign Eucontrol layouts (in the MC list of command and not EUcon) to your McControl soft keys, touch screen or on a transport keypad (that's what I do).

I have it banking 16 channels at once on my 2 mixes (1-16, 17-32, 33-48, 48-64) and keep the Control independent for the buses or plugin editing.