Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2022, 02:32 PM

Default Help whit streaming software

Hello everyone, I'm new to this sound thing, I started as a game and little by little I'm learning, I've been improving the audio issue a bit with an audio-technia AT2020 and a Focusrite 2&2 3gen with which the sound It has already improved a lot from the U-Phoria UM2 and a Neewer NW800. But now I have a doubt about the software, I don't need DAW software, since I'm not going to compose or record professionally, but I would like a program to act as a virtual mixer (not DJ mixes) a program where I can send the microphone, music audio, game, or if I'm recording a conference to be able to calibrate the signal of the different inputs, of course for that there are already physical tables that cost a lot of money, in everything I've seen is the Voicemeeter Potato, but it generates some noise on my pc that if it is recording a video I solve it with premier, but if it is a direct there is no solution.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Help whit streaming software

If you don't need a DAW or audio from the DAW, then you can just use OBS or Streamlabs OBS (Windows only)

You can route your mic into OBS, capture your screen, and capture system audio without the need for Voicemeeter.

If you need audio from the DAW, then the best option would be to upgrade to an audio interface with Loopback, like the Focusrite Scarlett 4i4, Audient Evo 4/8, or Audient ID14 MKII. OR you could use two audio interfaces. One for the DAW, and one for the stream.

If you're on Mac it's more complicated to get DAW audio into OBS. You'll need a paid program called Loopback or Blackhole which is free.

There is also a new program for Mac called Ground Control Caster from Ginger Audio, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-22-2022, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Help whit streaming software

Is it possible with any plugin to be listening to the sound of the PC through its speakers without the need for headphones and that the microphone does not capture the sound coming from the speakers when it recognizes that it is the one that is being emitted?
In a video conference by wathsapp the mobile picks up only the sound of the microphone if you speak when you are listening to the other person the microphone does not capture the voice of the other person who comes out of the speaker without using the headphones