Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-07-2022, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my S

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
...I just renewed my Software Updates & Support Plan which changed the expiration date on my iLok...
That's the problem - renewing your plan didn't change any of your licenses. It should have pushed the Release Limit of your Pro Tools license as well as the expiration of your plug-ins by a year. None of that happened, despite your product in my.avid.com showing the correct date.

I just edited avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/bonus-plug-in-expiration-date (and the linked info about the Release Limit) to try and clarify this. (Let me know if it instead got more confusing!)
Old 09-07-2022, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Why wasn't the expiration date of my bonus plug-in(s) updated after renewing my S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
That's the problem - renewing your plan didn't change any of your licenses. It should have pushed the Release Limit of your Pro Tools license as well as the expiration of your plug-ins by a year. None of that happened, despite your product in my.avid.com showing the correct date.

I just edited avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/bonus-plug-in-expiration-date (and the linked info about the Release Limit) to try and clarify this. (Let me know if it instead got more confusing!)
AAAaaaaaah ... so what you're saying is, since my renewal was 8-05-23, the Release Limit field on my PT iLok license still said 08-05-22 ...BUT, because there hasn't been a NEW version of PT released, that's why I could continue to run Pro Tools. (I noticed the expired bonus by attempting to load a plugin and it not letting me due to license) ...

So, if I didn't bring this to the DUC, come next PT release that I'm so excited about ARA, I would have hastily installed that and BOOM! it wouldn't have run?!

I'm less confused, and more relieved knowing I dodged possible down-time.

I think the line "If the bonus plug-in licenses associated with an active Software Updates + Support Plan have expired, or if the Release Limit date of your Pro Tools license does not match your product term please start a support case via the "Access the Support Center" link your Avid account or Create A Case for Account Support." is what should suffice if there's an issue.

You have to read in that "license" assumes iLok and "product term" assumes Avid Account.

I'm getting from your explanation to me that in my case, while the renewal took place, the new dates/licenses weren't pushed (updated/deposited) to ilok.com and that's something behind the scenes that failed for some reason.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:41 PM

It's happened to me twice now. The licenses are supposed to refresh together but sometimes they don't. In July I was actually able to get support on the phone and it was resolved within 5 minutes.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
AAAaaaaaah ... so what you're saying is, since my renewal was 8-05-23, the Release Limit field on my PT iLok license still said 08-05-22 ...BUT, because there hasn't been a NEW version of PT released, that's why I could continue to run Pro Tools. (I noticed the expired bonus by attempting to load a plugin and it not letting me due to license) ...

So, if I didn't bring this to the DUC, come next PT release that I'm so excited about ARA, I would have hastily installed that and BOOM! it wouldn't have run?!

I'm less confused, and more relieved knowing I dodged possible down-time.

I think the line "If the bonus plug-in licenses associated with an active Software Updates + Support Plan have expired, or if the Release Limit date of your Pro Tools license does not match your product term please start a support case via the "Access the Support Center" link your Avid account or Create A Case for Account Support." is what should suffice if there's an issue.

You have to read in that "license" assumes iLok and "product term" assumes Avid Account.

I'm getting from your explanation to me that in my case, while the renewal took place, the new dates/licenses weren't pushed (updated/deposited) to ilok.com and that's something behind the scenes that failed for some reason.
Correct on all points. Sorry this happened to you (through no fault of your own) but I agree... better that it came to light now. Thanks for your patience working through this and for helping us improve that KB article.