How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2021, 02:35 AM

Default loading reference track into ProTools session

Hi there,

I'm having difficulty loading a YouTube song into my vacant dedicated ProTools session track and would be grateful for any advice.

I lack any expertise here. I follow the steps set out in ProTools, i.e., File>Import>Audio>Import Audio>Desk top (where song is filed). Nothing happens.

Dragging and dropping doesn't work, the track remains empty. On clicking the YouTube logo showing the required song in the 'Import Audio' box, I get a message at the bottom of the box saying "YouTube URL unreadable by ProTools'.

Other advice suggests using WinRAR and Windows Explorer with a view to dragging and dropping, again this simply doesn't work.

I've tried the free trial in YouTube Studio, which I can follow up to a point including using the title of the required song ('Down Home Blues' - ZZ Hill) but when the title comes up the song does not appear, that screen remains blank.

Everywhere I look for help tells me that loading a reference track is 'easy' (?)

I've tried ProTools 'help' (Michal in Poland) who tell me they cannot help with thus (??).

Any advice the community can provide would be most welcome.

I have a Lenovo Idea Pad (64 Bit - upgraded to 81 Bit).

Thank you

johnny