Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 AM

Default programming Intellimouse 3.0

I just purchased an Intellimouse because of a great suggestion to program a button to switch between mix and edit windows on my widescreen.

I went into the mouse properties. Did a keystroke program (Ctrl plus =)
and hit apply.

But when I press the mouse button, nothing happens. Is there something I need to do on the Pro Tools side in order for it to "recognize" the programmed mouse key?

Thanks!
Keith
Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Default Re: programming Intellimouse 3.0

Unfortunately, some of the programmed keystrokes, while they work fine in other programs, will not work in Pro Tools. For example, I tried to program the Scroll Wheel button for Delete, but it simply won't work in Pro Tools on Windows. I had to program the button for Ctrl+B which is Clear - like delete, but you can't delete individual letters in any text box, just clear if highlighted. No big deal for me and, serendipitously, holding down the Alt key and pushing down the Scroll Wheel button brings up the Bounce Dialogue (Ctrl+Alt+B). Strangely enough on Mac, you can program the Scroll Wheel button for Delete and it works in Pro Tools, but using Command+B for Clear (which works too) and holding down the Option key and the Scroll Wheel button will not bring up the Bounce Dialogue on a Mac.

I program my IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 this way as I do a lot of :30 second commercial work where I need to edit out breaths and tighten up reads:

Left Button = Left Click

Right Button = B (which in Commands Focus Mode is Separate at Cursor)

Scroll Wheel Button = Ctrl+B (Clear)

Large Thumb Button = Number Keypad "+" (Nudge right by the Nudge Value)

Right Thumb Button = Number Keypad "-" (Nudge left by the Nudge Value)

YMMV

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Thank you for your response. It seemed as though I thought the two screens (edit/mix) could be switched. Does anybody have their mouse set up that way?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:00 PM

Sometimes just switching around USB inputs can help. Other times running them through a hub can hurt.