Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-11-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Getting DAE error 9162

Tongiht I was just trying to build some basic mixes of drums for further tracking when I encountered some problems. I've looked this error up in past posts but, I could not get the answer I was looking for. In a studio in the village running on a G4 mix plus sytem still running 5.1 and OS 9... This only happened with 2 sessions I opened...It wouldn't happen until I press play. Fisrt Dae error -9162 would come up...and then it would loop the part of the song it froze at...about 3 seconds worth. After that this error message came up:

DAE was unable to commicate with hardware. Save session and restart. -6039.

Then the computer would freeze and if I could get it to force quit I would restart everything but, if not did a cold start. Havent tried to reseat everything but, I was wondering if there is something I should look for Session specific that would cause this considering it only happens on certain songs.

Hopefully some guys in LA can help me out tonight...its 3am in NYC and there is a tracking session in the room at 10am Im working on. Im not too worried about it for tracking, really thinking its a session preference or something like it. Would like to get figured out for myself and to make sure everything will definately run smoothing in a few hours.

Thanks for any replys...and all help.

Anthony
Old 02-11-2004, 12:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: Getting DAE error 9162

Hi,
If it is only happening on two sessions I would try creating a new session and using import tracks from the file menu to bring the tracks into a new session document. Also try trashing the DAE prefs folder from System Folder/Preferences. 9162s can be plug-in or hardware related so you can try pulling all of the plug-ins except for the mixer out to see if it will launch. If it does you can add the back a few at a time until you find the one causing you grief. If none of this stuff works try the import tracks thing importing one track at a time to see if you can trace it to a track. Last ditch efforts would include trouble shooting OMS start with trashing OMS current state from System Folder/OMS/ OMS Preferences. Even though you have reseated things and this is only happening on specific sessions it may be worth checking your hardware one more time and running digitest to see what it has to say. I hope some of this is helpful.

Thanks,

Digi Tech Support