Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-05-2002, 09:06 PM

Default DIGI GUY PLEASE ANSWER What is the perfect PC computer setup for......

Digi001 and Pro ToolsLE softaware? If a digidesign digi dude could answer this, that would be great. But anyone else is welcome to answer my question as well if you want. I'll put it this way, I was thinking about buying a MAC. Because I always hear how anything Pro Tools related works better with a MAC. Well I have a few friends that are big PC computer buffs. When I told them about my thoughtful decision, they basically responded with "there's nothing a MAC can do that a PC can do better". Obviously I couldnt explain myself on why PT works better with MACS because I dont know what makes it better all i know is by word of mouth that pro tools works better with MACS. What makes it better? I would be more then happy to stay with a PC if I knew I could get virtualy the same performance on a PC as I would on a MAC. What is the smartest decision? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-05-2002, 09:08 PM

Default Re: DIGI GUY PLEASE ANSWER What is the perfect PC computer setup for......

please do a search, and you'll quickly realise why I suggest this.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:06 PM

Default Re: DIGI GUY PLEASE ANSWER What is the perfect PC computer setup for......

ptle works great on either platform. what are YOU more comfortable using- mac or pc?
Old 08-05-2002, 11:03 PM

if u use pc ur gonna be limited...thats all i have to say, no digi studio(online\) and so on
Old 08-05-2002, 11:43 PM

If you use a PC you are going to be limited, no digi studio(online) and so on?

Is that the best you can do? No online digi studio? I guess that is more important a faster machine. a more compatible machine. An Upgradable machine. A less expensive machine. A more widely available machine.

Yeah, hes write. Digi studio and masterlist CD, you better get a mac.

Keep that stuff in the mac forum. Only promote PC here.

-Capn.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:42 AM

i think you should try running PTLE on gameboy color or gameboy advanced, it still beat a mac IMHO
Old 08-06-2002, 04:07 AM

LOL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2002, 11:27 AM

Some say that the MAC has fewer bugs. Personally, I don't know. You can browse the DUC for more information. Look at both forums for questions that are posed and then make up your own mind.

As for me, I went PC. 1/3 the price and better performance, upgradeable, repairable, larger OS user base which is more likely to continue to improve.

One piece of advice, though. Should you decide on PC, BUILD A SYSTEM ACCORDING TO THE SPECS FOUND HERE ON THE DUC. DON'T BUY A PREBUILT MODEL. DON'T BUILD ONE WITH PARTS NOT ALREADY TESTED HERE. THIS WAY YOUR SYSTEM WILL WORK RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX (so to speak). Start with Allens Best PC for under $700 thread.

Steve Moore