Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-06-2022, 10:53 PM

Default Has anybody Got Strike 2.0 working with Mac Studio/Monterey

I know there are better Drum VI's out there but I kinda know how to use it and it sounds good enough for songwriting demos.

Sad to say since AIR got vortexed into the inMusic black hole customer service is nebulous dice roll. Anybody?
Old 11-10-2022, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Has anybody Got Strike 2.0 working with Mac Studio/Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by b mcgibney View Post
I know there are better Drum VI's out there but I kinda know how to use it and it sounds good enough for songwriting demos.

Sad to say since AIR got vortexed into the inMusic black hole customer service is nebulous dice roll. Anybody?
AIR customer support is lousy and always has been. I remember having one of their plug-ins, like RAMP or PULSE or something like that (can't remember the name) and then during one upgrade, it just disappeared and no amount of attempting to communicate with them ever resulted in a live human being.

Having said that, they're B3 and Velvet are really nice. I prefer Velvet actually the Arturia versions of ePianos in many cases.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:42 AM

Air Instruments are a black hole that have eaten way too many hours for me to even say their name. The Voldemort of music software. I enjoyed them back in 08 or so, but then their brains skipped town.
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com
Old 11-10-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b mcgibney View Post

I didn't install Strike on the new computer but did install most of their other instruments and those all work fine with Monterey.

FWIW, I've had to contact them a couple times over the past two years and they were responsive. I've certainly been through the weeds with them in previous years.